Thread: Nvidia GeForce GT 330M Linux drivers

Nvidia GeForce GT 330M Linux drivers

I am having the laptop which currently has the Windows XP operating system installed in it and this laptop has the Nvidia GeForce GT 330M graphic card. I want to install the Linux based operating system in this laptop. But i think the Nvidia GeForce GT 330M Linux drivers still not available. If i am wrong then correct me. I want to know does nvidia will provide the support for this graphic card for the linux operating systems.

Re: Nvidia GeForce GT 330M Linux drivers

You are having the Laptop which has the Nvidia GeForce GT 330M graphic card and has the Windows XP operating system. You want to install the linux based operating system in this laptop but having problem in finding the Nvidia GeForce GT 330M Linux drivers. This graphic card still not having the driver released for the linux. So do not install the linux operating system in the laptop.

I have also checked on the Nvidia website for the Nvidia GeForce GT 300M graphic card series for the linux operating systems but not found. However they have released the linux drivers for all the other Nvidia graphic card series except the Nvidia GeForce GT 300M and Nvidia GeForce GT 300 graphic card series graphic card series. So i will recommend you that do not install the linux OS until the Nvidia comes with linux drivers for this series of graphic card.

There is the latest 195.36.15 driver available for the 32 bit version of the linux operating systems. So you can also try this driver with you laptop having the Nvidia GeForce GT 300M series. As the list mentioned on the Nvidia website this driver version supports almost all the graphic card for the linux operating system. May be this will work with your graphic card also. You can download this driver from here.
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_d...195.36.15.html

The latest 195.36.15 driver version has the support for the following Nvidia GeForce GT 300M series graphic card in the Linux based operating system.
    Added support for the following GPUs:
    • Quadro FX 880M
    • GeForce GTS 350M
    • GeForce GTS 360M

This latest 195.36.15 driver version for the linux operating system has fixed so many bugs which was there with the previous version of the linux drivers.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the X server to crash when renderingoccurred while the X server was not on the active VT.
    • Fixed a regression that caused the driver to fail to properly adjust the GPU fan speed on some GPUs.
    • Fixed a bug that prevented performance level transitions on recentGPUs with SDDR3 and GDDR5 memory.
    • Fixed a bug that caused screen corruption after an application released a GLX_NV_present_video device.
    • Fixed an X server crash caused by starting nvidia-settings while X was not on the active VT.
    • Fixed brightness control hotkeys on some laptops.
    • Fixed an nvidia-settings bug that produced many "Bad argument" warning messages when running nvidia-settings --query all.