Thread: Flash help for GTX 280

Flash help for GTX 280

Hi there, I am having issue with my GTX 280. As i am using this from the long time but did not get any issue. But now the same is responding slow. I have tried lots of trick to solve the problem of the same. So i am having no other option left then the flashing of the GTX 280 but while attempting the same i got error firmware image must have a rom or nvr extension. and a little beep from the computer. So if any one can give me Flash help for GTX 280 will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: Flash help for GTX 280

There is something that i can help you so do as i said in the below given specification which might help you for the same. I hope this will work for you.
    1. Just go to the NVCP
    2. Then to the 3d settings
    3. Check for the power management tab
    4. Choose the Prefer Max Performance

Try this out and let me know that whether it is working for you or not.

I am having the same error while trying to flash the my video card and after looking to most of the forum finally i have come up with the result that solved my issue. I have used the DriverSweeper Utility and removed the driver with the help of the safe mode and reinstalled the fresh driver from the safe mode and it worked for me.

If you are getting the error then it is better to update the driver of the GTX 280 and then try to flash the same. As the driver might be of the older version that is why when you are trying to flash the same you are getting the same error. So download the latest driver from the manufacturer site and update the older one.

As you are trying to Flash the GTX 280 then let me inform you that this is not advisable as a small mistake can lead to the loss of the same. As i have tried to Flash my video card and it got worse then it was before. So finally i have got the new one for me. So it is better if you report the issue to the manufacturer of the same. Thanks

I am having the same error while trying to flash the my video card and after looking to most of the forum finally i have come up with the result that solved my issue. I have used the DriverSweeper Utility and removed the driver with the help of the safe mode and reinstalled the fresh driver from the safe mode and it worked for me.
    I am little late to respond but let me tell you that this worked for me. I( have done as you said after that when i flash it did not gave me the error. So ,many thanks to you.