Thread: Should I prefer 1 GB or 2 GB graphic card for my laptop?

Should I prefer 1 GB or 2 GB graphic card for my laptop?

Hi all I'm going to buy a new laptop. So I finally came to two laptops: One is Dell XPS 15 and second is dv6-6090ee HP Pavilion. The Dell XPS has 2 GB Nvidia 540M, while HP has a 1GB ATI Radeon HD 6770M. I am totally mystified which laptop should I purchased based on graphics memory. Although I prefer the HP provisions, but other Dell has a 2GB graphics. Can anyone let me know whether I select HP or Dell and why? Please it’s urgent.

Re: Should I prefer 1 GB or 2 GB graphic card for my laptop?

The amount of video memory alone does not mean much. For example, some cards there that does worse with more memory. The 6770M is very powerful, easy to use for all games on the market. Anyway if you ask me to choose the laptop you should choose to get a good graphics card I would prefer you to go for Dell XPS gaming better because of new requirements for graphics memory cards.

Hi, I'm playing "The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings" and it is demanding enough. I have a 1 GB card and it handles well. I think the biggest problem is the GPU itself. Some are better than others. As said, the 6770M is a very good graphics. You know the high video memory only affects the high-resolution displays - If - the video card is powerful enough to use it. Well this is what I think. You can choose any.

Only the memory does not help. The way that most GT 540M comes with DDR3 memory, while the 6770M HD faster with GDDR5. And most new games would do better with more processing (graphic) with that the memory power. I don’t have any idea if there are games that use 2 GB of graphics memory, even! But every part could obtain benefit of faster memory and powerful graphics chipset.

There are a couple of games that can break the 1 GB barrier through such things as high-resolution textures and such, but more importantly, when it comes to extreme resolutions, or multiple sets of the screen, the video memory can help. But that is only effective if the video card is powerful enough to even use. As mentioned by the two - the GPU core that makes the difference here.