Thread: Radeon 9200 Overclocking

Radeon 9200 Overclocking

I tried to overclock my Radeon 9200 that is just using ATI Tray Tools. I pushed it up at 270/230 without any artifacts captured by ATT. I opened up the 3DMark 2001, no artifacts.

After few minutes, I had started the Hitman: Contracts, and I found these weird lighted triangles opening at lights and seems as they were in the place of fog. After that I continued next mission, the triangles disappeared and I ignored that.Then I started up Sims 2, but it was artifacting as in randomly placed polygons all over the terrain,Now the problems are getting generated. I reset the card after, started up Sims 2, no artifacts. The OC didnt seem like much, i know this card can do better (Radeon 9200Pro, 300MHz GPU.) Any ideas? anyone?
    Last edited by Beryl; 29-03-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Radeon 9200 Overclocking

When you set the card first time to the OCed settings everything is well, but with prolonged use at those settings then your card is artifacting, you know it is going to happen because of heat.

When you will open to play a heavy loaded gfx game, it starts to artifact, then you would be stopped to play and mess with the card, it disappear for a bit, then you start next game, and it artifacts and mess with the card. The same procedure would be continued. This type of error show you that allover is related to card cooling problem. What are your card temps? What are the case temps?

Radeon 9200 Overclocking

Commonly, The case temperature of my card is configured as bad, I have only single exhaust fan within that there is no any intake. My parent don't want any unacceptable things and don't like me open up my computer to intercat with the internal hardware components of the system.

I am trying to install ONE intake fan to the back of the computer with the help of blowhole fan. And I don't have any information about the temp and haven't checked it before, I am not aware of thee utility to control or find out the graphics card temp. My Radeon 9200 is from Gigabyte, and they already include active cooling with this card.

Radeon 9200 Overclocking

hello dude,

No need to worry about anything ,I also have the same card that you have and just listen me properly and you have set your memory speed upto 222 which will help you to fix this issue .

In case, If you have a fan on your GPU then you have to do some more little bit changes so just increase the GPU speed to 300.I think ,it can be very helpful for you to fix this problem.

Thanks

Radeon 9200 Overclocking

Hello sir,
    The suggestion that you have given to him,i think can not find the proper solution . All cards are separate even if its the same make and model. it depends on so many configurations of and stuff such as case temp. You can't suggest him to set the clocks at those settings that you are saying. it might not work for him.

According to me, you need to change your cooling on your configured gfx. stock cooling is not for overclocking purposes. it can also be a voltage problem that your gpu requires more volts to manage those clocks.