Thread: Where can I find old nvidia drivers?

Where can I find old nvidia drivers?

Hello, I have a computer which is powered by Pentium 4 processor and has an Nvidia graphic card installed on it. The problem which I am facing is, I cannot play any latest game on the computer. Whenever any latest game is installed on the computer, it gives an error saying the graphic drivers need to be upgraded. I dont know how to upgrade the drivers for the graphic card and hence need your help. I want to know Where can I find old nvidia drivers? Please help. For additional information, the operating system on the computer is Windows Xp.

Re: Where can I find old nvidia drivers?

The configuration of the computer is too old to run the latest games on it and hence I will advice you to upgrade the configuration of the computer if you want to play the latest games. The maximum frequency of the pentium 4 processors is 2 ghz while the latest games which are available require processors with minimum clock frequency of 2.2ghz. The system RAM and graphic memory requirements of the games is much higher and will not be supported by your configuration and hence you need to upgrade computer.

You can get the updated drivers for the graphic card which you are using at the official Nvidia website. Go to the official Nvidia website and click on Downloads. In the download section, search for the model of the graphic card which you are using and download the latest drivers which are available for the graphic card. While downloading the drivers be sure that the drivers are supported by the operating system which you are using. The otherway to update the drivers of the graphic card is to, go to device manager and then right click on the installed graphic card and select update drivers. If the computer is connected to the Internet, it will search for the updated drivers and install it on the computer.

As suggested I went to the official website of the manufacturer of the graphic card and searched for the updated drivers for the card which I am using but while downloading it gives a pop up message saying "Sorry, the support for this device has been stopped". What does this message mean? Does it mean that I cannot get the graphics driver for the card updated? If there are any workarounds, please suggest them.

The message which you are getting means that the drivers for the device are not updated any further and hence update is possible. The only solution which I can see for your problem is to upgrade the graphic card on the computer, to some latest card which is available and will be supported by the PSU of the computer and motherboard. Check all the latest graphic card which are available and then select the graphic card which is supported by your configuration. If the power rating of the graphic card is greater than that of PSU, it will result in computer restarting frequently.