Thread: How to use a second graphic card on Physx

How to use a second graphic card on Physx

Hi,
    I had heard that with the new Physx software I can use a another GPU to the Physx. How to do that and how it is possible. I already have a Nvidia Graphic card. Now I want to add a different graphic card may be ATI to physx. But will this work properly or there will be any compatibility issue. I think here crossfire supports can make both the GPU work together. What you think in this matter.

Re: How to use a second graphic card on Physx

I had got new graphic card which I want to use with the old one 8500GT. I had installed same and tired to configured the graphic card via Physx. But I am facing some trouble in working with both the card. I had first removed the drivers of old card so the single card which is the new one will work on the motherboard. Before that I had configured both to SLI but does not worked. Now the Physx panel says that I can enable or disable those cards and use them. Now once disabled the old card cannot be enabled. This is driver conflict among them.

Talking about the SLI mode the graphic cards on your computer shares the work of physical processing and the graphic rendering work evenly among them. This is what the default mode of SLI if enabled offers from the ForceWare control panel. In the case of multiple GPU the cards one handles all the graphic work and the other is responsible for physical commands. So a proper configuration is needed here.

In multi GPU mode under SLI the works of both cards are divided then came under factory settings. Under Physx there are some limitations. I am using Vista and I had tested the same oni t. I was trying to attach a dual monitor support on the card. But there is some problem related to Windows Vista display driver model (WDDM). This is especially for Vista. But this does not exist in Windows XP.

It is right that dual cards from different companies may cause drivers conflict. For this you need driver update for both ATI and Nvidia cards. If you want to setup them together try to use the newest drivers one. I wil also recommend you to read discussion threads on this for more bugs and other technical issues involved in this. Try to use one at a time.

For a physxc processing card you need the latest drivers. I have two Nvida Cards which are working well on Physx. I can configured them properly. The only thing in my case I did is updated the drivers of both the cards via Device Manager. Many time Windows updates offers you fixes for this. You can keep that on. Or else just right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. Right click on card and update drivers