Thread: No VGA input signal and monitor going to sleep error

No VGA input signal and monitor going to sleep error

I am trying to resolve some VGA adjustment issues with my computer but unable to get actual error. When I turned out the monitor it says -

VGA input
    No input signal
    Recommended settings 1280x1024-60Hz
    then it says monitor going to sleep.

I tried to connect it with Dell monitor that is already running with windows xp home on another system but I get the blank screen after connection.

Can anyone help me please?

Have you tried with another friend system,it may be caused because of some physical connectivity.

You need to check the main board for any capacitor destroy on the issues computer , rusty signs indicating on the top of the capacitor can tell you the main board can not performing in well manner with any VGA card and outputting the signal to the monitor.

It is part of large discussion since RAM may occur the similar scenario as well.

I think, the may be conflicted because of some incompatibility between the integrated graphics chip-set and the newly graphics card.
    You have to disable the integrated graphics chip-set from the BIOS:

1- Restart the computer system.
    2- Press DEL to "Enter setup" key .
    3- From the BIOS Menu just over the advanced settings and search another menu named onboard graphics peripherals.
    4- The list of configuration would be listed in the right side of the panel,you need set the option with the d key.
    5- Save changes and exit.

The primary resolution technique is to find out the problem that from where it is being occurred actually.So you have to exchange the monitors and CPU vice and try to get the error.

There are two components Monitor and the CPU. Connect again with different monitor to the computer. If the issue stops, then the video monitor is generating this error and need to be replace. Otherwise the issues is coming from the PC.

You can another move to solve this issue if you are not able to find the proper solution.

May be the video driver has been corrupted so it need to be reinstall again. Sometimes, it is not only complained by windows user but also linux user are also recieve some closest error message regarding the resolution adjustment then if you know the hardware management then unplug the video card from motherboard and plug it again and install the new driver and then try to set the resolution of the monitor.