Thread: GTX 260 SLI Crashing Constantly on Windows

GTX 260 SLI Crashing Constantly on Windows

Hi,
    I recently upgraded my computer. I had added some new RAM sticks with a higher capacity hard drive with Windows Vista. But after as I added a a XFX GTX 260 Black Edition card the computer started to crash continuously. I am trying to add up 2 cards via SLI. But this same was working properly before on my old computer. I am not getting the issue behind this. What to do here to fix the crashes.

Re: GTX 260 SLI Crahsing Constantly on Windows

The one thing you will first have to check that the cards are connected properly and they are detected by your computer. If that is fine and you does not find any issue in that then you can try the compatibility part. Have you checked your motherboards configuration that your board is enough capable for running two cards at the single time. Check your hardware compatibility first.

In my case the card starting crashing when I overclocked the same. I have everything working fine. Then I downloaded and installed Riva Tuner for overclocking the cards. At first the card worked smooth with normal temperature and frequency. Then I increased a bit more and the system crashed. I found the issue regarding the old drivers which were outdated. After a driver upgrade things went to normal.

I too have some doubts with the same. I had connected two cards via SLI. Does RMAing the two cards can fix the matter. I had not yet tried this. Because again I do not want a crashing system. The only thing you can try is to run a software update for the same. Old drivers can cause system crash and due to which you are not able to work on that.

In my case too the same issue is affecting my system. When I added a new GTX 260 Core card to the computer for better gaming output the operating system crashed down suddenly. I had checkout my motherboard for that and found that the slot of one card was damaged. This card has caused the crash of the system. After a repair from the service center things worked fine.

Mainly the system will crash if you try increase the fan speed by using RivaTuner. I will seriously consider RMA-ing the card. This can sort out the matter in most of the conditions. Try to contact the customer service support of the card and then check back again. Might possible that your card have some issues regarding the hardware support of the same.