Thread: Want to solve issues related to the Monitor and Video Card on Vista

Want to solve issues related to the Monitor and Video Card on Vista

Hello everyone,
    I am using the Windows Vista operating system and I don't thought of changing it. Since, it is a genuine version, I thought to keep the same. But nowadays I am facing much issues which are related to the monitor and the graphics card. I have purchased this desktop some months ago, so I don;t think that there should be something wrong with my video card. Also how can I know the cause of my display problem.? Many times I face the limited resolution problem. So help me to guide for solving issues related to the Monitor and Video Card on Vista!! Any suggestions would be grateful.
    The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little.
    -Joe Martin

Re: Monitor display having limited resolutions in Vista

Windows tries to identify the hardware on which it is installed. By default, it does not recognize the video card in your computer, Windows installs a generic video driver. This generic driver usually does not have the same level of care that a driver developed specifically for the video card. To resolve this problem, you must install the correct driver for your video card. Go to the website of the manufacturer of your video card and download the driver you need. For this you need to know the make and model of your video card.

Re: Want to solve issues related to the Monitor and Video Card on Vista

You should know some basic things so that you can easily troubleshoot the problems that you are facing for monitor and video card. The basic thing that you should know is the screen of your computer consists of two hardware components: the video card (also called graphics card or video controller), which is installed inside the computer and video monitor, which appear on the text and by graphical programs. Most display problems are caused by incorrect video drivers, damaged or missing. However, these problems can be caused by a hardware failure, improper installation or external factors.

If you just install Windows or you just replace your video card and are experiencing display issues, the most likely cause is a video driver missing or incorrect. Most video cards come with a disk containing drivers and other software. Before installing a video card, see the information provided with it to make sure it supports your current version of Windows. If this is not the case, visit the manufacturer's website and download the latest driver for your version of Windows. If you must update the Windows device driver for your monitor, you must know the make and model of the latter, which are usually printed on a label on the back or on the bottom of the monitor.

For determining the type of video card and monitor that are installed on your computer, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below :
    1. Click the Start button.
    2. Click Control Panel.
    3. Click Appearance and Personalization in control panel.
    4. Click Customize.
    5. Lastly click Display Settings.

Re: strange interference on the screen of CRT monitor

CRT monitors are often more susceptible to outside interference than LCD monitors. Such interference may be caused by devices that emit radio frequencies (like a baby intercom or CB radio), by devices that produce magnetic fields (as the engine of an electric fan), or simply because of the presence of a tangle of cables around Monitor. These radio signals can interfere with the signal between the computer and monitor, and in some cases cause the appearance of horizontal lines or other phenomena of interference on your monitor. To reduce the interference, remove the offending device from the computer or the computer away from this unit. DirectX is a Windows technology that includes component video, animation and sound and that allows your computer to optimize the performance of multimedia programs such as games and movies.

Most monitors have a range of specific resolution they are capable of displaying. If you specify a value outside this range, it is possible that the monitor's display is not working properly or not working at all. Normally, when you change resolution, Windows waits a short time to enable you to confirm that you want to keep this resolution. Windows uses a technology called ClearType to the text that appears on the screen more readable. On some monitors, you may want to enable or disable ClearType, or that you need to make adjustment of the technology.