Thread: Kindle 2 Blank Screen

Kindle 2 Blank Screen

Hello guys,
    I have some strange problem,let me explain this.Last night I got the message "Please wait while your Kindle is updated, etc etc etc" screen.After that,I left it on my desk, and went to bed.

In the early morning, it was Still on that same page, and the progress bar had not moved.I let it sit for another hour or 2, and decided to reset it.But my K2 doesn't seem to want to turn on. Anyone have any clue what happened?

Thanks

Kindle 2 Blank Screen

Hello buddy,

According to me,it is a really not a genuine problem with the Kindle itself. It is just like that can be occurred to any e-ink device (Kindle, Sony Readers etc) if you happen to be unlucky.

The amazon have well support of customer service so it's not a very big matter - unfortunately I've read unexpected reports on here about Sony's customer service related to this matter.

Thanks.

Kindle 2 Blank Screen

Hi,
    I have some idea and have faced the same problem to which you are talking about.The problem was also ocurred with my computer system screen.

And I got the solution of this problem with the help of member of this community when I was new here.You can also use this procedure to resolve the problem.

Known as Kindle support, and apparently for the hard reset.Just holding power switch of the computer CPU for 20 to 30 seconds to work, it has to be Unplugged from power source. The 20-30 seconds hard reset is a battery disconnect reset, and for that to work, there can't be external power.

Workarounds for the Screen Contrast Problem

There are two effective workarounds worth consideration then after we can jump into real solutions regarding this matter.

1- Configure the line-spacing and number of lines for every page with the help of Shift+Alt+1-9. Just remember one thing,hold down the Shift and Alt keys and then press one of the number keys ,you can choose the numbers between 1 or 2 and the number should be up to 9 for configuring line spacing. I think this can help you more to configure.

2- One more workaround which should support the users is from ‘Nobody’ at amazon kindle forums.

Kindle 2 Blank Screen

There are number of reports are coming in that the Kindle 2’s screen isn’t responding better and the looks is poor. I think,near about 5% of Kindle 2 owners are finding that the screen contrast is much low to read comfortably.

The Kindle user who have this issue naturally two sections -

1. The background is a darker shade of gray than Kindle 1.
    2. The text is not black, and is actually darkish grey.