Thread: Graphic card problem!

Graphic card problem!

hi, I have an intel(R) G33/G31 express chipset family graphics card(OS Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service pack 2). From the last couple of weeks it has stop working all of a sudden and in my device manager there's a yellow exclamation mark showing error code 37 which says 'Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware.'

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it from my motherboard cd but the problem persists. When I try to start a game it shows this message 'check if you have direct X 8.1 or your display drivers are current'... also when I checked information about my graphics card status GPU clock memory is 0 mhz... I've been trying to fix this error code for a long time but to no avail.. please help me out!

-Dhairya Thakker

Re: Graphic card problem!

There can be multiple reason for your problem. It can be possible that your hardware is not functioning or stops responding. In that case you have to attached the external Graphic card. But first try to install the latest graphic driver and the check that weather it is working or not. Run the full system scan for the virus with latest definition. Also run the sfc/scannow command from command prompt which fixes the issue related to any operating system file. So try all this and let me know whether the still persist or not.

I tried what you mentioned in your post... but still it shows the same error... could there be a hardware/technical issue? Is it possible to solve my problem through any free software repair service or something like that? I've tried updating my driver but still the same problem

As per my knowledge there is no software which will solve the hardware issue. If you are unable to detect the graphic card yet then take it to the repairing shop might they will check whether there is issue with the motherboard or having the issue with the internal software. I hope you will find the solution of it.