Thread: Need Windows 7 drivers of Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT

Need Windows 7 drivers of Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT

I am having the desktop computer system which has the Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT graphic card. Recently few days before i upgraded the operating system of the computer system from the Windows Vista to the Windows 7. After that, when i am trying to install the driver for this graphic card which i am having is showing that it is corrupted. But this graphic card was working properly in the Windows Vista operating system. So i need Windows 7 drivers of Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT graphic card.

Re: Need Windows 7 drivers of Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT

You are having the desktop computer system which has the Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT graphic card attached on the motherboard. The problem is that this graphic card is not working in the Windows 7 operating system. This issue started after you upgraded the operating system of the system from the Windows Vista to Windows 7. I think this is clearly the driver issue of this graphic card in the Windows 7 operating system.

As you mentioned in your query that when you are trying to install the driver software of this Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT graphic card in the Windows 7 operating system , you are getting the error message showing that the file is corrupted. There can be 2 reasons for this. The first is that, the driver software file is corrupted meaning that it may be infected with the virus of some files are missing from them. The second reason is that, you are trying to install the Windows Vista operating system driver software in the Windows 7 operating system for the Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT graphic card.

You will have to download the new driver software for the Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT graphic card compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. You will get the driver software from different websites as well as from the official website of the Nvidia. I will recommend you to download the drivers from the Nvidia website. Because it may be possible that , you will get infected or corrupted driver software from other websites.

Go to the website of the Nvidia and go to the support section of the Nvidia website. There you will get the option for searching the drivers according to the product you are having. Type the name of the product ie Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT. After that you will get the drivers selection according to the operating system . Select the Windows 7 32bit or 64 bit whichever you have installed in the system. Download the driver software properly and install in the system. the following link will take you to the driver download page of the Nvidia website.
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    Last edited by ApPy10; 26-02-2010 at 05:16 PM.

There is one more method is available for getting the driver software for the Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT graphic card for the Windows 7 operating system. If you dont want to download the driver software then do the following. Go to the device manager of the computer system , right click on the graphic card and select the Update Driver software option. Before doing this remove the old driver if you have installed any. After doing this the problem will be resolved.

Hello,
    Ok, this is scary.
    I am using WinXP Pro 32Bit SP2. I purchased the Studio Pinnacle MovieBoard PCI capture with Studio12 software. I'm only able to capture the sound and no video using composite RCA cables. From VIDEO OUT from Camcorder,to VIDEO-IN the PCI, and Audio from Cameras line-out to Sound card's LINE-IN.

Some have mentioned that I would have to upgrade from SP2 to SP3 for the capture to work, even though the specs on the Pinnacles requirements state Service pack 2/3.
    So I was going to just upgrade to Windows7...BUT, I also have a Nvidia GeForce 8600GT PCI-E card, and do not want any more issues, just like I'm hearing on this page.

is the consensus that the majority of upgrades from Windows XP to Windows7 is a smooth transition, or am I better off buying a newer graphics card?

MSI P-35 Platinum MoBo/3.3GB DDR memory/Intel Core2 Q6600 CPU/ Nvidia GeForce 8600GT with 512MB/500GB Internal WD HDD/500GB Ext, WD HDD/WinXP SP2-32 Bit/ DirectX v.9/NERO 9

Is there an easy way to determine if I will need to replace any of my existing WinXP hardware or software to work with Windows7?
    Last edited by rivrbyte; 27-03-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Need Windows 7 drivers of Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT

I don't think so that there is any need to upgrade your system with the current graphic card you can install and run Windows 7 on it, if you want to know what's the best configuration then check out Best Configuration to run Windows 7 where they had provide all information about it.

Exclamation Re: Need Windows 7 drivers of Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT

XFX 8600 GT 1024MB pci-e card works great with Windows 7 Ultimate. I actually had the smaller 256mb 8600 until a few days ago when I got this one. The guy is just having a driver issue, I was able to get Windows 7 to install driver by itself. But, Vista driver wil work. I play TimeShift at 1440x900 with V sync on and all settings at BEST. This card is awesome. I work in a pc repair shop, I have used 8800 cards, 260s, and the 9800. They are great, but this card does just as good.

rivrbyte, no worries mate, you will love 7. The video capture is a breeze as well. I use projectors and everytime I hook one up,7 ask if I want to move my desktop to that screen-
    I'm Lance, and Windows 7 was my ideal!