Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-02-2010

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 not detected by device manager of desktop

I am having the assembled desktop computer system. Recently i purchased the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 graphic card for attaching to my desktop computer system. The problem which i am facing is that, this NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 graphic card is not detected by device manager of my desktop computer system. I have Windows Vista operating system installed in my desktop.
Old 22-02-2010

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 not detected by device manager of desktop

You are having the computer system which has the Windows Vista operating system installed in it. The problem is that this desktop is not able to detect the newly attached graphic card on the motherboard of it. You have attached the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 garphic card and this is not shown in the device manager of the desktop in the list of connected hardwares to your system. The first reason for this can be, it is not connected properly on the motherboard. So try reconnecting it properly on the motherboard.
Old 22-02-2010

I checked the details of this NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 graphic card on the website of the Nvidia and found that this graphic card is fully compatible with the Windows vista operating system and your system also has the Windows Vista operating system and then also you are getting this issue. I think the reason for this can be that this graphic card is damaged. So it is not detected by the device manager of your computer system.
Old 22-02-2010

I will advice you to check that this NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 graphic card is detect by the device manager of your desktop system in the safe mode or not. So start your desktop in the safe windows mode. For starting the system in the safe mode press the F8 key during the start-up of the system. After that you will get the start-up selection menu. Select the "start windows in safe mode". If the graphic card is not detected then the card is not proper. You should change this graphic card.
Old 22-02-2010

If this NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 graphic card is detected in your system in the Windows safe mode then i think there is some problem in the normal windows mode for this graphic card. I will recommend you to run the troubleshoot wizard. May be this can solve the problem of the graphic card. It is also possible that the Graphic card slot on the motherboard of your system is not working. If the graphic card is not detected in the safe mode also.
Old 22-02-2010

I think you are already having the onboard graphic card on the motherboard of your computer system that is why the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 graphic card is not shown in the device manager of your computer system. I will recommend you that first disable the onboard graphic card of your computer syste. After that insert this new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 graphic card on the motherboard of your computer system and install the proper driver software for the Windows Vista operating system of this graphic card.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,