Thread: Frame rates of graphics card dropping continuously

Frame rates of graphics card dropping continuously

Hello friends,
    I have this problem from last week. Whenever I start playing video game my graphics card gives good frame rates but after some times it drops to 9-10 fps and after some times again it rises to normal. This cycle continues through out the game. I become frustrated about this problem. I don't know why frame rates of graphics card dropping continuously. Please help me to fix this problem.
    Thank you.

Re: Frame rates of graphics card dropping continuously

I think there is problem related to OpenGL. In this case you have to use following steps to fix this problem.
    First close all running application -> Now go to your video game's folder like "Counter strike" -> Now open the config.wtf file in your video game's folder using Text Editor -> Now add SET gxapi "OpenGL" to the bottom of the file -> now save the changes and close the file -> Now restart your video game -> this time you will not get any problem.

I don't know whether your graphic card's clocks are fluctuating or if its overheating. In this case you have to install GPU-Z in your system and you have to record the log, so that I can determine whether your graphic card's clocks are fluctuating or if its overheating. You can download this software here. Just install this software in your system and record the log.

From your information it seems that your graphics card is overheating and that's why frame rates of graphics card dropping continuously. How is the airflow in the cabinet. I think your graphics card doesn't get enough air for cooling and that's why you are getting such type of problem. It may also happened that your graphic card is cover with dust. In this case clean your graphic card.

It seems that there is some drivers related issue. Your graphics card's drivers may get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to update your graphics card's drivers to fix this problem. Just try to install new drivers of your graphics card's and after that restart your computer. After this you will not get any problem.