Thread: Please Suggest a Video Card for watching Hi-def movies.....No gaming at all, not even flash games :)

question Please Suggest a Video Card for watching Hi-def movies.....No gaming at all, not even flash games :)

Hi Folks,

recently i've started Downloading movies ranging in the size of 6gb to 12 gb and video is lagging a bit on my 3 year old system.

Im a movie freak n would love real-smooth flow of frames.

THATS THE ONLY NEED!! NOT EVEN BASIC GAMING! (no time for that )

Here are my System specs:

Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9
    Proc : AMD ATHLON 64 3200+
    Casing is Mercury KM84 with a 400 W PSU (used only for 1 IDE ODD and 1 IDE HDD and 1 sata 2 HDD as of now)
    Ram is 1.5gb
    OS id Windows 7 64 bit
    And not to forget the chipset is Nvidia.

I just checked if there is idle power cable idle for the GPU, but doesnt look like there is one.

My System has one PCIx16 slot and 2 PCI slots idle.

My budget is as less as possible within 2 grand. (Only cos heard thats enuf for hi-def movies also)

And please suggest one with VGA output, additional DVI would be gr8, cos i might upgrade the monitor soon.

Please suggest me a hassle-free GPU model and also please mention the best GPU makers like XFX or Saphire etc.,

Im also looking for a 2.1 with better clarity than volume, within in the range of 2k again. Please mention atleast 2-3 options. Same for the GPU.

Thanks

Yuvaraki!

ATI Radeon X1900 Graphics Card for watching Hi-def movies.....No gaming at all, not even flash games :)

Then you should go with ATI Radeon X1900 Graphics Card because includes an ultra-threaded engine for unparalleled shader performance. In addition, it is CrossFire ready, allowing your greatest multi-GPU fantasies to come true. At the same time Radeon X1900 ups the ante with Avivo video and display technology delivering movies, games, and photos in high-definition format with stunning color and realism.

Exclamation Re: Please Suggest a Video Card for watching Hi-def movies.....No gaming at all, not even flash games :)

Buddy, please mention the price if u can n please suggest something very basic and cheap, preferably less than 2k!!

idea Re: Please Suggest a Video Card for watching Hi-def movies.....No gaming at all, not even flash games :)

to add to the above, i have onboard GPU (nvidia 6100)

please lemme know if there is any way i can use both new one and the onboard to improve the performance?