Thread: HDCP work in FHD2400 series display monitor

HDCP work in FHD2400 series display monitor

hi
    i am using 24-Inch Wide screen FHD Display with gateway.I have installed windows xp operating system in my system.Actually i just purchased that type of monitor so i don't have much idea about that.I want to know about HDCP and how it prevent copying audio as well as video content,please any one tell me how it control some contents which is travel across DVI,HDMI and UDI connection?

Re: HDCP work in FHD2400 series display monitor

FHD2400 series display monitor is a gateway type of monitor, which is 24 inches Panel Size as well as Pixel Resolution is around 1920 × 1200 (native) (60 Hz).The connection and input of hat system is 13-pin mini d-sub VGA. HDCP,we also called it High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection.It is developed by the Intel® corporation.HDCP to protect digital entertainment content that uses a digital visual interface (DVI).Each HDCP-capable device has a unique set of keys;there are 40 keys, each 56 bits long.HDCP-protected systems may include three types of devices: sources, sinks, and repeaters.Make sure that if the "transmitter" (DVD and so forth) does not have a DVI connection, it is not HDCP compliant.

HDCP means High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection,which is to prevent copying of digital audio as well as video content as it travels across the some DVI,HDMI and UDI connection.Make sure that during authentication, the "receiver" which is only accepts content after it acknowledges the keys.So for the prevention of the stealing data the transmitter and receiver generate a shared secret value that is constantly checked throughout the transmission.HDCP is not designed to prevent copying or recording of digital content, but solely to protect the integrity of content as transmitted.So after authentication is established,the transmitter encrypts the data and sends it to the receiver for decryption.

HDCP encrypts the transmission of digital content between the video source like some computer,DVD player,as well as the digital display like monitor, television,Whenever HDCP connect to Blu-ray or HD DVD digital playback .Same time in connection process need some requirement like HD DVD drive, Windows xp SP2 operating system or Windows Vista operating system, HDCP compatible video driver and DVI or HDMI video connection.Sometimes HDCP and HDMI functionality are combined into a single transmitter or receiver chip.

You can also troubleshoot your system for HDCP like you can try some different Blu-ray™ or HD DVD media,after that verify thata DVI or HDMI connection is being used.Then verify that the video card and monitor supports HDCP.After that install latest video driver.Finally install the latest patch for Cyberlink HD-DVD Solution or Cyberlink Blu-ray DVD Solution.Make sure that if the "transmitter" does not have a DVI connection, it is not HDCP compliant.So a transmitter like a computer,DVD player,or set-top box.As well as receiver is like devices such as a monitor,digital television (DTV), or projector.