Thread: What is the difference between DX10 and DX11

What is the difference between DX10 and DX11

I am a game loving person and i love to plays games on my computer. I have most of the most of the popular games that best supports my computer. I have installed all the high level of components which is required for the game which has the high definition graphics. I came across a news that DX11 is recently launched for the games which are not supported by the latest operating systems. Though i am using windows 7 and it is said that it is best compatible with w7. Right now i am using DX10 in my computer and looking forward to change it to 11. So i need some information about DX11 that how it performs.

Re: What is the difference between DX10 and DX11

Hi,
    From my point of view i think that it is important to remember that when you are looking for DX11 than one should not expect the gains in quality of image from DX10. The DX11 does the work for streamline in certain aspects of rendering, which makes it to perform better than DX10. It means that means the developers now they have access to a standard which will allow them to rewrite the code for a particular game engine in a way which will allow a game to run much faster at the same visual settings. The conclusion is that DX11 looks like that it has shown some form of improvement.

I think that the higher performance means that it can give better graphics support, DX10 gives higher graphics support which cannot be done from the performance perspective under DX9, but the improvement performance in DX10 was less than stellar, this is the reason why DX10 games run considerably slower than DX9 even tough there are few games which didn't brought any difference in the quality of image between both API, other games which gave more performance in the DX10 path with having same image quality and tittles with DX10.1 path which brought even better image quality within the same or better performance. DX11 for sure, it will give the better graphics support within a playable frame rate that couldn't be done under DX10.

I have checked it out and i feel that there are no such new features in DX11 in compared to DX9. Tesselation which was possible already, and it seems to be the prime feature of DX11. It was improved by adding hardware tesselation support, but i don't find that there is a game in a DX11-based which one could not seen in a DX9. One of the most interesting things about DX11 is that all the things are aimed at developers and not end-users.

Before a days ago i played a game with DX11, it was amazing experiace to play game tih DX11 becuse the image quality and the graphics looked great and realistics. I was so thrilled to update my DX10 to DX11. The game which i played was Dirt 2 which was on last night for the 1st time and it was on 5760x1080 with DX11. And I say that there is a big difference between DX11 and 10 as i have experianced.

I must say that the DX11 image shots make things look a bit more good and realistic to me, and the range of the shadowing is slightly better within the screenies which is offered. All that i can say is that there is not a major upgrade but a change for the better look and great image quality. As we all do know that as we move closer and closer to life like graphics, the leaps are being made to get smaller and smaller.