Thread: Having problem with SAPPHIRE HD 3850 AGP in my computer

Having problem with SAPPHIRE HD 3850 AGP in my computer

I have the assembled computer system which was having the BFG 6800 GT OC graphic card and i changed the graphic card of my computer system because the this graphic card was not working properly and was creating problem in the computer so i purchased and attached the new SAPPHIRE HD 3850 AGP in my computer but still the same problem. So how can i resolve this problem?

Re: Having problem with SAPPHIRE HD 3850 AGP in my computer

You are having the problem with the SAPPHIRE HD 3850 AGP graphic card which you have attached to the motherboard of your old assembled computer system and after attaching this AGP in your computer your computer system is not starting. So i think the this new graphic card is not inserted properly in the motherboard so i will recommend you to connect this graphic card again on the motherboard of your computer system.

You have mentioned that in your query, this computer was having some issues with the older graphic card that you were using. So that it can also be possible that this issue is not related with the graphic card on your computer system and it is related to may be the motherboard or with some other hardware parts of your computer system that is why system is not starting with the new graphic card also.

Make sure that you have connected the SAPPHIRE HD 3850 AGP graphic card properly on the motherboard of your computer system and have installed the properly the driver software which came with this graphic card properly in your computer system. So install the driver software properly in your computer system by starting it in the safe mode, may be your system will start in the safe mode.

The new SAPPHIRE HD 3850 AGP graphic card which you are attaching to your computer system comes in the 512MB and the 1GB version also and your computer system is assembled and older , so i think this may be the compatibility issue of this new type of the graphic card with your computer system. Check this graphic card with other computer system if this is working then the fault is with the motherboard.

There can be one more possibility and this is one of the main problems related to the graphic cards. This may be related to the power supply to the SAPPHIRE HD 3850 AGP graphic card. Check the power supply needed to work this graphic card and give the power supply related to that. You can check the details of this graphic card on the website of the Sapphire or may be on the box of this graphic card itself.