Thread: Connectors to connect mac mini to monitor

Connectors to connect mac mini to monitor

Hello everyone,

I get my nice mac mini purchased from the store and I came to realize that no connection was sold with it, so I came on this forum to know what cables I should be able to plug my flat screen.

-The mac mini is a 2.26 GHz, 160 g Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26 GHz, 2 GB of memory, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, Mac OS X Snow Leopard
    - Flat Screen: SAMSUNG LE40B551

I hope I was clear on the description of products, now here's my question:

THERE that I would like cable to connect to my mac mini to my screen? knowing that I would like my screen I used exactly the same way as a normal monitor (word processing, video, internet ...)

Thank you in advance for your answers

Re: Connectors to connect mac mini to monitor

The best image quality is obtained using the entry HDMI. So we will have an adapter Mini DisplayPort toward HDMI (or mini-DVI toward HDMI), Followed by cable HDMI. If your MAc Mini has an output Mini DisplayPort). So you need a power adapter Mini DisplayPort toward HDMI. This raises the question of sound: the Mini DisplayPort output for Mac is a video output only, no sound inside.

You take an adapter Mini DisplayPort toward HDMI , which leaves only the image , And you connected in parallel with another cable audio output (analog or digital) from the mac mini to the audio input of your TV (or your amp sound, or your HiFi system, ...). You buy a converter Mini DisplayPort toward HDMI a little moreBut that loads itself to recover the sound from the mac mini (via audio out) and integrate the flow HDMI out to have only one cable to connect the TV with integrated sound and image.

To connect a magnificent last generation mac mini to an HDTV can (in theory) use one or other of these types of adapters:

• MiniDV to HDMI
    • MiniDisplayPort to ... HDMI

Note however that according to the specs of Samsung monitors, the VGA connector special for PCs is more reactive than the HDMI (especially for games). For the reactivity of the VGA, I still doubt the veracity of this statement, since the latest game consoles using an HDMI, and VGA sockets are taken which have been created to convert a digital signal to an analog signal from the time of CRT, this would be a little void to use this socket (and manufacturer of TV are more zero to offer this kind of connectivity while DVI jacks are fully digital and computers possesses a long time)
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Thanks for everyone to reply. So to summarize:

For the image:
    • DVI>> HDMI
    • HDMI cable

The sound:
    • Jack of 3.5 with two male tip

if I understood everything here are the 3 cables I need to run my mini on my screen.