Thread: C-Media CMI8738 sound card problem

C-Media CMI8738 sound card problem

I am having the computer system which has the Windows XP operating system and i am having the Sound problem with this computer system. The audio output is not coming from this computer system. This computer has the C-Media CMI8738 sound card . I am facing the problem with this sound card of my computer system. How to resolve this sound issue of my computer system.

Re: C-Media CMI8738 sound card problem

You are having the computer system which has the Windows XP operating system. You are having the Audio output issue with this computer having the Windows XP operating system. This computer system has the C-Media CMI8738 sound card. I will advice you to first check all the connections and settings of the speakers to the computer and the software setting. Make sure that the speakers volume is not to zero and also it is not mute.

First of all make sure that the sound card is connected properly on the motherboard of your computer system. I will advice you to reconnect the audio card on the motherboard of your computer system. It is possible that the C-Media CMI8738 sound card is not properly installed in the sound card slot of your computer system that is why you are not getting the sound output from the speakers of your computer system.

If the sound card is connected properly to the motherboard of your computer system and all the connection of the speakers are proper with the computer system and then also the audio is not coming from the speakers then i think this is the issue of the driver software for this C-Media CMI8738 sound card in your computer system. So insert the driver disc of this sound card or the motherboard of your computer system and install the driver software properly.

You are having the Windows XP operating system so you have to install the Driver software for the C-Media CMI8738 sound card compatible with the Windows XP operating system. If you are not having the compatible Windows XP sound card driver for your computer system then you can download it from the manufacturers website or from the desktop manufacturers website. Download and install it from there properly. If not available there Update the drivers manually from the Device manager of your computer system.

If all of the above mentioned solutions are not working and the sound problem of this C-Media CMI8738 sound card in your computer is not resolved then i this is clearly the problem of the sound card of your computer system. This sound card is not working properly or it has been damaged. So kindly check for this issue. You can check the sound card with some other computer systems. Change the sound card of your computer system.