Thread: Want to change Graphic card of HP S7520N Desktop

Want to change Graphic card of HP S7520N Desktop

I am having the HP S7520N Desktop which is one of the slimline desktop from the HP. This HP computer system comes with the integrated ATI Radeon XPress 200 graphic card but i want to add the another graphic card in this computer system. Can i do this? I want to change Graphic card of HP S7520N Desktop that i am having at my place. If yes then what i have to do for this without any problem.

Re: Want to change Graphic card of HP S7520N Desktop

You are having the HP S7520N Desktop computer system which has the integrated ATI Radeon XPress 200 graphic card and you don"t want to use this graphic card. So that you want to add the another graphic card in your computer system for the gaming purpose. First of all let me tell you that you can do this very easily without any problems. You can attach the graphic card to your computer system very easily.

You can purchase any graphic/Video card from the market and attach it to the motherboard of your computer system provided that you are having the vacant slot for attaching the graphic card on the motherboard of your computer systems. If you are having the vacant slot on the motherboard then you can easily attach the graphic card in your computer system. If you are having the older computer then you can attach this graphic card to the AGP slot of the motherboard in your computer system.

You are having the HP S7520N Desktop which is not so older computer system. The computer system which are made after the 2004 and 2005 has the PCI slots in place of the AGP slots for the graphic cards. And if your computer is made after the mid-2009 then it is possible that your computer system has the PCIe slots for the graphic cards. So confirm the type of the graphic card slot and add the graphic card on the motherboard of your computer system.

In my opinion you should go for the any graphic card from the NVIDIA's GeForce 8 Series GPUs for your computer systems because this is one the best available graphic cards in the market for the gaming purpose. But particularly i will suggest you to go for the GeForce 8600 GTS graphic card for your computer system.

Features of the NVIDIA's GeForce 8 Series GPUs.

• Full support for both Microsoft DirectX 10 and DirectX 9 for unparalleled levels of graphics realism and performance
    • NVIDIA PureVideo HD2 technology provides unsurpassed Blu-ray and HD DVD movie picture quality
    • NVIDIA 8 Series graphics processors are essential for accelerating the best Microsoft Windows Vista experience

If you are adding the another graphic card to your computer system which is already having the integrated ATI Radeon XPress 200 graphic card. After adding and installing the new graphic card on your computer system disable the integrated graphic card of your computer system. Go to the device manager select the integrated graphic card and select the disable options. If you want to use both the graphic memories then you will have to crossfire.

This is what ur motherboard looks like

now u can only accomodate pci 1.0 card.....which is hard to get nowdays

and its really not worth......

I think it's certainly worthwhile to make the upgrade.

The on-board graphics chip offloads a lot of work to the CPU. It also shares system memory which ties up the bus and decreases by 64MB the amount of memory available to the OS, resulting in even worse performance.

Your processor presently likely runs at 100% by just viewing a YouTube video.

The s7520n suffers somewhat from thermal problems due to it's poor ventilation. It also has a tiny power supply that hasn't the wattage to drive much of a graphics card. So , you are limited in your choices.

I think you'd find an Radeon X600 or X1300 card with 128MB or 256MB of memory to be a worthwhile $20-30 upgrade. As mentioned earlier, it does have to be a PCI type card (not PCI-E) and also needs to be "half-height" or "low profile".
    Last edited by Spiff59; 04-02-2010 at 01:42 AM.