Thread: Onboard sound card or additional sound card-which is better?

Onboard sound card or additional sound card-which is better?

I am having the computer system with the inbuilt Realtek onboard sound card on the motherboard of the computer system. This sound card has the support for the 5.1 channel surround sound speakers. But i am thinking of attaching the new sound card on the motherboard of this computer system for enhancing the audio quality. I want to know that which is better from this two, the onboard sound card or additional sound card.

Re: Onboard sound card or additional sound card-which is better?

You are having the computer system which has the inbuilt onboard sound card which supports the 5.1 channel surround sound speakers but you want to attach the new sound card for enhancing the audio quality of your computer system. I think is it better to use the onboard sound card then the additional sound card in your computer system. I will not recommend you for the additional sound card because now days the onboard sound cards also equally as good as the as the sound cards.

I will not suggest you for attaching the additional sound card if you are having the onboard sound card which can support the 5.1 channel speakers. It will be foolish if you will attach the addition sound card in your computer system. You are having the Realtek onboard sound card which is the best sound card which delivers the best audio quality in the computer systems. So do not add another sound card on the system.

You are already having the sound card on the motherboard of your computer system which can support the 5.1 speakers very well so my recommendation will be no for adding the new sound card in this computer system. If you want to add the 7.1 speakers then you will have to add the new sound card on the motherboard of the computer system.

If you are having the 5.1 speakers for your computer system then there is no need to attach the new sound card to the computer system and if you are having the the 7.1 speakers or any higher combination more than the 5.1 speakers then you will have to buy the new sound card and attach it to the computer system. Because the onboard graphic card can only support the speakers upto the 5.1 channel.

If you are adding the new sound card on your computer system for enhancing the audio quality of your computer system then you will have the two sound card at the same time which can create the problem. So you will have to disable the onboard sound card of your computer system. For disabling the onboard sound card go to the device manager select the onboard sound card and after this do right click on it and select "disable" option. After that you can use the newly added sound card with your computer system.