Thread: Getting beeps after installing new ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphic card

Getting beeps after installing new ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphic card

I am having the computer system with the Onboard 256MB graphic card. I wanted to increase the graphic memory to the 512MB for the gaming. So i attached the new ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphic card on the motherboard of this computer system. But after attaching the new graphic card the computer system is not starting and it is giving the beeps only and not starting. So i am getting beeps after installing new ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphic card in the computer system. What is the issue? Provide the prover solution as soon as possible.

Re: Getting beeps after installing new ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphic card

You are having the computer system with the Onboard 256MB graphic memory and now you have attached another graphic card of the 512MB graphic memory on the motherboard of your computer system. After doing this your computer system is not starting properly and it is giving only the beeps. So i think this is the connection issue. The graphic card may be not connected properly or it is loose that is why you are getting the beeps. So remove this graphic card and fix it again on the motherboard of your computer system.

You are getting this beeps after attaching the new Graphic card to the motherboard of your computer system which is ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphic card and after that the system doesn't start. So i think this can be the graphic card issue. May be this graphic card is not proper may be it is damaged. So i will advice you to check this graphic card on some other computer systems. If the card is not working then this is the issue of the graphic card clearly.

First of all check this ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphic card with some other computer systems and if this graphic card is not working with the other computer system also then the problem is with the graphic card and if the graphic card is working with other computer systems then this is the problem of the Graphic card slot on the motherboard of your computer system. So please check for the following.

You are having the onboard graphic card and also you have attached the additional 512MB ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphic card. So i think the system is not able to take and use both the graphic memory available on the motherboard of your computer system. So i think you should disable the onboard graphics memory of your computer system. This will resolve the problem.

Did u make sure that you are giving your card a proper power supply?

ATI 5770 is a very heavy card, and it needs a 500W PSU
    so make sure u fulfill this requirement
    and wat sort of beeps are you getting?
    short ones , or long ones?

assuming your motherboard is new, and supports PCI-E 2.0 cards

This may be the compatibility issue of this ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphic card with the motherboard of your computer system or with the operating system that you are using in your computer system. So i will advice you to check the compatibility of this graphic card with the motherboard and also with the operating system of your computer system. If it is not compatible with the motherboard or with the OS then change this graphic card with the supported by motherboard and the OS graphic card.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Leader View Post
    First of all check this ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphic card with some other computer systems and if this graphic card is not working with the other computer system also then the problem is with the graphic card and if the graphic card is working with other computer systems then this is the problem of the Graphic card slot on the motherboard of your computer system. So please check for the following.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukta Girolla View Post
    I am having the computer system with the Onboard 256MB graphic card. I wanted to increase the graphic memory to the 512MB for the gaming. So i attached the new ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphic card on the motherboard of this computer system. But after attaching the new graphic card the computer system is not starting and it is giving the beeps only and not starting. So i am getting beeps after installing new ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphic card in the computer system. What is the issue? Provide the prover solution as soon as possible.
    And we can always hope you will reply