Thread: What are advantages of CrossFire

What are advantages of CrossFire

I have searched a lot online to see what are the benefits of CrossFire, but didn't find anything much concrete. Is there someone who knows what are the advantages of CrossFire? I want to know about this because I am about to buy a new graphic card and came through this term. So what will you suggest me!

Re: What are advantages of CrossFire

The major advantage of CrossFire is performance! But in my opinion its better to go for 2 better card and install it on your computer rather than going for the best card available in the market. In ideal conditions it can provide close-show double performance, it will however, give double of everything else (heat, noise and power consumption)

Note that the 2 cards will not double the performance. 2 devices that create as much sound will not result in double the volume. But depending on the type of sound may be perceived as almost twice as bad

It will be the 2 speakers playing twice as high as one? 2 video cards in SLi / CrossFire makes no appreciable much more sound than a single card. If you experience higher sound it is so, because the cards is so dense that it is bad with the air of the card that holds the fan sticking into the other.

The performance can be doubled, or actually more than doubled sometimes, but it can also be 0% improvement or empty perform worse than single card.

Unless you play the latest games with highest settings for graphics in the resolution of 1920x1200 or higher you will probably manage with single card as there are plenty more on the market. CrossFire is probably most appropriate for people who are not satisfied with the performance of today's top models, or already have a card that is compatible with CrossFire, and will bring up the performance of a minimum price.

"More than doubled sometimes" this is not quite possible. If 100% is maximum performance for the 2 cards, so 2 cards can not provide such 120% certain times.

It has an overall performance that is difficult to exceed.

The advantage of the crossfire is more performance.

But the pages are:

Noise
    Development of heat.
    No guarantee of better performance in all situations.

I'm going to buy me a 5870 card during the month, not because I need it, but because I want to.

Few here who need something more than 1x 5870. To enjoy the 2x 5870 / 5970 as one should, in reality game on a 30 or use Eyefinity that there should be no joke.