Thread: ATI Radeon HD 4870 Cross Fire X Graphics Card drivers not compatible

ATI Radeon HD 4870 Cross Fire X Graphics Card drivers not compatible

I saved for a year & built a beast of a quad core (environment friendly) gaming PC that's very powerful, super sexy, & WOWs everyone who's seen her...
    I even put 1 of the fastest video cards on the planet in her, the ATI Radeon HD 4870 with Cross Fire X technology, yet I'm not getting the performance I should be as it's having to run on the ASUS M4A78T-E Mother Board's drivers because when I install the 1s for the video card the monitor goes all fuzzy & messed up after the reboot. (I'm using a 6 yr old 19" Cacicero monitor [not HD] which I paid $350 for new, but am thinking that maybe it's too old for the newer technology of the VC.)
    I really don't want to take this problem to a PC store which may try to BS me into buying unnecessary things, so if anyone has knowledgeable feedback on this I'll be more than happy to hear it! Thanks!

Re: ATI Radeon HD 4870 Cross Fire X Graphics Card drivers not compatible

Ok, the first thing i could suggest is download the latest drivers from Ati's website. Then install it and reboot your PC, Let the display be a bit weird, you can configure it. Now try to adjust the resolution and try changing the frequency. Whats the Max frequency supported by your monitor? I guess its 60hz to 70hz. Now there are times when this kind of problem arises due to the monitor. The monitor may not support the resolution which is considered the best for the graphics card. So this also might give you some problem. The best and ultimate solution would be to get a new monitor and make sure it has 120hz frequency support, its required for this generation's 3D environment... Or you can try playing with the resolution and other graphics setting. Make sure you do not increase the resolution beyond what your monitor supports, or you might get into a problem. Hope this helps...

Re: ATI Radeon HD 4870 Cross Fire X Graphics Card drivers not compatible

Thanks Rudra.J…
    I checked the monitor & it IS only 60 Hz so I’d better start looking for a good deal on a good 120 Hz 1 rather than messing around with adjustments that won’t make much of a difference. I’m fairly computer savvy, but have taught myself almost everything about them & it’s been taking a little research & experimentation to get myself updated to the newest technology from last gaming system.
    So thanks again from both myself & Alexis (my computer…lol) for confirming suspicions with some detailed data.
    P.S.: If I can return the favor just E-mail with COMPUTER as the subject line & I’ll be happy to help if I can.