Thread: Driver cure for ATI Radeon 4850 in Mac System

Driver cure for ATI Radeon 4850 in Mac System

Hello there, I have an 27' i5 which is running on Mac OS X 10.5. I have also installed Windows 7 using the Bootcamp utility on the i5. The Problem i am facing with my system is that, the Windows 7 freezes and then recovers which happens every now and then. After the Windows recovers the system tray gives a message saying the "Radeon Family driver had stopped responding and now it has recovered". This happens everytime I boot the system using Windows 7. Is this because of the driver conflict? and if it because of the driver conflict then I need a Driver cure for ATI Radeon 4850 in Mac systems. If any of you are facing the same problem with Windows 7 and ATI radeon graphic card then please share some information.

Re: Driver cure for ATI Radeon 4850 in Mac System

Does the Graphic card stops responding even when you are using the Mac Operating system? If yes then there is high probability that the Graphic card itself has some problems. If the graphic card is faulty, it stops responding at some point of time. When the graphic card stops responding, the display driver stops responding which results in screen getting freezed. I would like to suggest you to get the graphic card checked by some technician as it may be faulty which is creating problems in the system.

Many users are facing same problems while using Windows 7 on the Mac system. It is possible that the Windows has not been installed properly on your system and hence is creating problems. Take the backup of the necessary data from the partition on which the Windows 7 is installed. Insert the Windows install disk and boot the system from the install disk. The Windows installer will load and will options for Windows repair. Choose the Windows repair option and then follow the onscreen procedure to complete the Wizard. Once the Windows installation is repaired the problem will be solved.

I think you will have to download and install the drivers for the graphic card specific for the version of the operating system you are using. If you have installed Windows 7 64 bit operating system then you will have to download the drivers for the 64 bit version as the 32bit version of the drivers will not work properly on the 64bit operating system. After installing the proper drivers for the graphic card you will not face the problem with the driver conflict and you will be able to use Windows 7 on the Mac system without any problems.

I was also facing the same problems with the graphic card while using Windows 7 on the Mac system. I tried many troubleshooting solutions but none helped. Later I found out that the corrupt Windows Installation can create such problems with the graphic card. Therefore I reinstalled the Windows operating system again and found out that the problem was solved. This are the steps which I followed in order to solve the problem :-
    1) Took back up of the data
    2) Deleted the Partition which I created for Windows.
    3) Reformatted the Drive with Mac HD format.
    4) Created the partition again using Bootcamp.
    5) Reinstalled the Windows using Bootcamp on the partition which I created.