Thread: ATI Radeon dual monitor issue

ATI Radeon dual monitor issue

I have a radeon 4890 video card. It works fine with one monitor, but I want to use a projector as the second monitor and always have it running. If I boot with just my monitor connected, and THEN i plug in the projector, I can set it as the second monitor and everything is fine...but the computer will not boot up with both connected. I MUST unplug the projector from the card to boot, then I can plug it in and use it. I want to always leave it plugged in and have no clue what is wrong here...help!

I have both the monitor and the projector set to 1024 x 768. When I say the computer won't boot, I don't get the startup Dell bios screen or anything - both monitors are just black with no image whatsoever and the computer just sits like that (power light on, but no activity). I am using DVI-VGA converters for both monitors. I believe I even tried booting with just the DVI-VGA converter plugged into the second video port and the computer STILL wouldn't boot. It seems if I have anything connected to both ports, I can't boot up.

Re: ATI Radeon dual monitor issue

Hey, As per my knowledge i can assure you that this happens due to the upgraded driver of the newer version which is creating the problem of running the dual monitor. So my suggestion is that to downgrade the driver of your video card whic is more stable then the new one. It might help you. Thank you

Re: ATI Radeon dual monitor issue

Thanks for your reply. I only have the driver that came with my card...do you know if there's a place to get older drivers?