Thread: Direct 3D acceleration not available

Direct 3D acceleration not available

hi,

I have the following problem. I cannot play some games my computer I get the error message: "Be sure DirectX 8.1 or higher is installed or your video card meets requirements The Game" After a long search, I found out with the DirectX diagnostic program that on my computer and Direct 3D acceleration is not available. I have already installed Latest drivers and Directx 9 is installed, but why this error comes ???

Re: Direct 3D acceleration not available

You need to Set hardware acceleration to use the Full setting. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, then Control Panel.
    2. Double-click Display.
    3. If you do not see View, click Switch to Classic View.
    4. Click the Settings tab, then click Advanced.
    5. On the Performance or Troubleshooting tab, move the Hardware acceleration slider all the way to the right (Full position).
    6. Click OK, then click Close.
    7. If you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.

Try to Enable DirectDraw or Direct3D option, to enable DirectDraw or Direct3D, run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (Dxdiag.exe). To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type dxdiag in the Open box, then click OK.
    2. On the View tab, under DirectX Features, check that DirectDraw Acceleration and Direct3D Acceleration are selected.
    3. If one of these lines contains a Disabled status, click the Enable button for that line.
    4. If multiple adapters are installed on your computer, repeat steps 3 and 4 for each tab of the DirectX diagnostic tool.

Download and install the latest version of DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. Microsoft DirectX is a set of technologies designed to transform a Windows computer platform ideal for running and displaying applications with many multimedia elements (true color images, video, 3D animations and other sophisticated sound effects ). DirectX includes updates related to security and performance, and many new features for all technologies, which applications can access using the DirectX APIs.

When you start Microsoft Windows in normal mode startup, several programs start automatically and run in the background and some of these programs can interfere with the execution of the game, it could include antivirus programs and utilities system. When you perform a clean boot procedure, you prevent the automatic startup of these programs.

Try Creating a user account in Windows XP :
    1. To create a user account on a Microsoft Windows XP, follow these steps: Click Start, then Run. Type compmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
    2. Expand Local Users and Groups, click the right mouse button click Users, then click New User.
    3. In the User Name field, type username.
    4. In the fields Password and Confirm password, type UserPassword, then click Create.

Important Passwords are case-sensitive. For example, mypassword MyPassword and are regarded as two different passwords.
    Double-click the user account newly created, select the Member Of tab, click Add to add the user to the appropriate group, then click OK.