Thread: Asus VW266H LCD monitor resolution problem

Asus VW266H LCD monitor resolution problem

Just few days back i had bought a new Asus VW266H LCD monitor. As from last few days i'm having some resolution problem on my new Asus VW266H LCD monitor. For example, in Halo ODST during the vehicle levels on legendary I experience a huge loss in frames, and consistent drops as I play. But in 720p everything runs smoothly. Even if i seat about 2-3 feet away from the screen, its really seems to be very close to the monitor. If i try to play in 1:1 pixel mapping mode, but even in full mode (slightly stretched) it still lags in 1080p, but not in 720p. So, can any body tell me that how do i resolve Asus VW266H LCD monitor resolution problem? Does nay body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Asus VW266H LCD monitor resolution problem

The ASUS line of LCD monitors continues to impress us with the ir lineup of features, performance and low price. A monitor may have a good screen size, and great image clarity, but gamers also need an LCD monitor to have lightning-fast pixel response times to keep images sharp when the action starts. Because the VW266H includes HDMI and component inputs, many customers considering buying the monitor may wish to use other sources, like game consoles or set top boxes, with it to replace a traditional television setup.

The ASUS VW266H is a versatile 25.5-inch monitor with an incredibly low price. The ability to multitask with high resolution displays is a blessing that is always appreciated. Windows can be organized and displayed side-by-side, without the need to minimize an application not in focus. Aspect Control function allows users to select a preferred display mode among Full and 4:3 for true-to-life Full HD 1080p gaming or movie watching without any data loss or image distortion. A generous selection of video inputs, a decent sound system, and overall solid performance make this a great deal for the money.

Standard HDTV resolutions are 720i, 720p, 1080i and 1080p. The VW266H did very well as a television replacement. There is 1:1 support, meaning that the content can be displayed with black bars on the top and bottom of the screen to preserve the aspect ratio, but this may cause a problem for a small percentage of users. The 'i' refers to 'interlace' and the 'p' refers to 'progressive'. Modern LCD panels need progressive scan, and while most can "deinterlace" a signal, they are behind the rise of the various progressive HDTV resolutions (that is, 720p and 1080p), whereas the original CRT HDTVs are the reason for the interlaced versions.

Both 720 resolutions work out to 1280x720 pixels and both 1080 resolutions are 1920x1080 pixels. Full HD 1080p for High-resolution Digital Content Display 16:10 wide screen with 1920×1200 resolution supports Full HD 1080p vision. Any monitor capable of these resolutions or greater is technically capable of acting like an HDTV. It is best if the native resolution of a LCD monitor is the same as one of these as LCDs are sensitive to scaling issues. Embedded HDMI simplifies cabling and provides the highest-quality video and audio experience. Pristine and stunning clarity of HD DVD and Blu-ray Discs. Great for both video games and HD DVD movies playback.

The monitor was used with two additional sources: an Xbox 360, using the component input, and an HD set top box, using the HDMI input. Above-average performance; low price for the screen size; HDMI and component-video connections. Its wide viewing angle (170 degrees) is useful whenever the screen is being viewed by more than one person at the same time.Accepts DVI input, which allows for greater signal clarity than traditional VGA. ASCR (ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio) Technology automatically adjusts the luminance of the backlight for better displays according to the image contents, and improves the contrast ratio to 20000:1 – resulting in more realistic depictions of night scenes during games or movies.