Thread: Compaq Q2009 Monitor goes to Sleep mode very frequently

Compaq Q2009 Monitor goes to Sleep mode very frequently

I am having the Compaq desktop along with the same Compaq brand. I am having the Compaq Q2009 Monitor. But the problem is that with this monitor system is that this Monitor goes to the sleep mode very frequently if i don't use it for some time and if it is leaved for sometimes. What are the possible reasons for this issue of the Compaq Q2009 Monitor? Give me some tips to solve this issue of the sleep mode.

Re: Compaq Q2009 Monitor goes to Sleep mode very frequently

This is one of the very common problems related to the LCD monitors now days. This is nothing but the setting issues of the monitor and the power options of your computer system. Check the power settings of your Compaq computer system through the Control panel of the operating system. Check the monitor settings over there and change the settings if there is some settings problem. Like turn off the monitor automatically after so and so time if the system is not used for that particular duration.

Change the settings by the above mentioned procedure and apply the settings. Leave the computer after applying the settings and see that it is happening again or not. If its not happening then the problem is solved and if its happening again then you should apply the setting and restart the system. Because the XP operating system some times fails to apply the changes made to the system. Restarting the system will solve this issue.

You can turn off the sleep mode of the monitor of your computer system if it is not used for some duration. For making the changes follow the steps mentioned below.
    Control Panel -> Performance and maintenance-> Power Options-> monitor Settings.
    Turn off the Sleep Mode from here of the Compaq Q2009 Monitor. Or set it to the default settings.

You have not mentioned in your query, which operating system you are using in your computer system. I am asking you this because i have searched on the internet about the desktop which you are having comes with the Linux Operating system. So there is different criteria for turning off the sleep mode. Go to the Control panel of the Linux operating system and make the appropriate changes. And if you are using the Windows operating system then you can change the settings by the above mentioned techniques or methods.

If the monitor goes to the sleep mode after changing the settings and turning off the sleep mode from the control panel and power options of the computer system. Then i think you cannot do anything about this. This is the feature of the Compaq Q2009 Monitor. This feature is included in the Compaq Q2009 Monitor to save the electricity and lower the power consumption if you are not doing anything on your computer system for the duration of some preset time by the manufacturer..