Thread: Acer 7720g Split screen problem

Exclamation Acer 7720g Split screen problem

Hi All, I have an acer 7720g with Geforce 8400m 256MB and all was working fine until 1 week ago when browsing the net the laptop went to blue screen saying dumping virtual memory, Then rebooted into splitscreen since then i have formatted both hard drives and re-installed vista with no luck as it still has split screen. I tried updating graphics card from NVIDIA but crashes on windows boot & refers back to standard VGA and allows me to boot. So i removed any trace of NVIDIA and upgraded intel chipset drivers & all other drivers 1st before trying to install graphics driver and again crashed and still splitscreen on laptop but on the mon output connection it displays correctly, always has. I have updated the bios version 1.19 to 1.45 and still SPLIT SCREEN so now Everything is updated excluding graphics card and now windows cant find Geforce card just says the best driver is installed being standard VGA? so i double checked graphics card was properly fitted and it was.
    I tried installing win 7 and the same problem
    NOW I'm LOST.........
    Weeks leading up to this nightmare lol we had problems with the sims3 not working when updated from EA Games but did eventually work not sure if this was the initial cause.

Thanks For Your Time & Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated.

Re: Acer 7720g Split screen problem

Your problem has already been solved on our forums. Here have a look at the following thread. Your problem will be hopefully solved:

Split screen on acer aspire 7720g

Sounds like about the flat cable between the screen and the motherboard / video card is damaged. WinSplit is especially useful for high-end LCD screens with high resolutions because it helps you to efficiently manage many active windows. Does the black lines also? If not, I believe there is breakage, ie, that the panel is physically damaged. For that you need to get into desktop properties, settings and make sure the video adapter is set at 60Hz refresh rate.

None of the suggestions from 1st topic helped what do i do? i also cant get it to 60hz refresh rate when seen as standard VGA (well cant find it) there is a blackline that seperates split screen but if it was the cable would windows still not find drive? if this is vista bug would XP fix it Thanks again. What will winsplit do?

Winsplit is an application which is used to split bigger files into smaller files. This application will not be useful for solving your problem. It looks like the graphic card on your laptop has gone bad, so try can get it checked by some technician. Windows Xp might solve the problem but before trying that get the graphic card checked.