Thread: Samsung 740N shows no display but light still keeps functioning

Samsung 740N shows no display but light still keeps functioning

I'm having a Samsung 740N and it used to work fine. As usual turned on my computer in the morning but my Samsung 740N suddenly blacked out on the desktop screen. As usual turned on my computer in the morning but my Samsung 740N suddenly blacked out on the desktop screen. Thought it was my cpu but keep restarting but now the monitor just show no display. Thought it was my cpu but keep restarting but now the monitor just show no display. Menu buttons all not appearing. But the blue light is blinking and stays on when the cpu is turned on. Same thing when i attach the monitor to a laptop. Why does my Samsung 740N shows no display but light still keeps functioning? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Samsung 740N shows no display but light still keeps functioning

Swap out the VGA cable if you have any spare to eliminate the possibility of the cable problem. The monitor was probably fried during the power outage due to a spike just before the power went out. On the power brick check to see if there is an LED light and see if that is lit when its plugged in. If its not lit up then you may want to try a new power brick, if it is lit up then your monitor is a dead.

Its due to the inferior capacitors they use which degrade over time. What to do. You'll also need a dvi connecter if you're using a newer video card... but I'm sure you noticed that when you read the specifications. Just nice the warranty ended. Not that i don't believe in samsung but i realise the importance of monitor warranty now.

Powers up for about 6 seconds and display looks fine. Hissing sound from power supply and then display goes off. Bad psu design can be sometimes traced and recognized on schematics or on photos; however bad caps will fail even on good designs as well (e.g. Antec psu) simply because their quality is inferior and/or suffer from manifacturing defect (bad electrolyte formula or bad Al supplies). Un plug back lights and no hissing sound and obviously no display.

I replaced the three caps and the fuse, the lcd has display but still no light replaced an inverter from other lcd the lcd and the lcd worked fine. The 740N is an LCD flat panel monitor with a 17" diagonal viewing screen. The price is right with a small footprint and light overall package, making it the perfect display for my needs. I have this set up in a dual-monitor mode with my IBM R40 notebook and it works great being fed from the onboard ATI graphics chip.