Thread: HDMI output problem from the Sapphire Radeon HD5850

HDMI output problem from the Sapphire Radeon HD5850

I am having the Sapphire Radeon HD5850 Video card in my computer system. This is the 1GB DDR5 video card. This video card has the HDMI facility. I am having the FULL HD LCD TV at my place but i am getting problem in connecting the computer to this LCD TV using the HDMI Port of this video card. I want to watch the HD movies stored in my computer system directly without burning the disc.

Re: HDMI output problem from the Sapphire Radeon HD5850

You are having the Sapphire Radeon HD5850 video card in your computer system. As you know the video cards or the graphic cards are used for the better picture quality and mainly it is used for the Gaming purpose. This is the 1GB DDR5 video card. This video card also has the HDMI Output port for the HD media for directly watching the movies on the HD TVs enabled with the HDMI connectivity. You also want to do the same but you are not able to connect to the LCD TV using this HDMI port of this video card. This can be the simple problem of the Driver of this video card. Install the driver software for this device from the disc supplied with the Hardware.

Detail specification of the Sapphire Radeon HD5850 video card.

1-Chipset of video card- Radeon HD 5850
    2-Core frequency- 725 MHz
    3-Graphic card Memory- 1GB DDR5
    4- Memory Clock- 4.0 GHz
    5- Memory Interface- 256-bit
    6-Bus type- PCI-Express x16
    7- total numbers of stream processors units- 1440
    8- Maximum screen resolution- 2560 x 1600
    9- Supported connections- DisplayPort, HDMI, Dual DL-DVI-I
    10- Thermal- Dual slot Fan with auto fan control
    11- Support ATI CrossFireX Technology
    12- ATI Eyefinity Technology, support upto 3 displays
    13- Microsoft Windows 7 Support
    14-Support Microsoft DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3.1
    Last edited by ApPy10; 04-01-2010 at 11:59 AM.

From the specification it is clear that this Video card has the support for the Connectivity with the HD HDMI enabled devices because this video card also has the HDMI port for the connectivity purpose with the High definition devices. This hardware or the Video card is compatible with the Windows Vista operating system and also has the support for the Windows 7 Operating system. If you are using any other operating system in your computer from these two then it is the Software compatibility issue of the video card with the operating system of the computer.

Every hardware has the software to operate its functionality, I am sure you have also installed the software for this Sapphire Radeon HD5850 video card in your computer system. Then also you are not able to connect the computer system with HD LCD using the HDMI cable then this is the settings problem of the HDMI of the video card or the HDMI settings of the LCD TV. Please refer to the User manual guide of both the devices for the proper connection. After that you will be able to see the movies directly to the LCD TV from the computer system using the HDMI output feature of this video card.

If all the settings and the connection is proper for the HDMI output for the Video card and also of the LCD TV then this is the problem of the Video card itself. May be the HDMI output port of the video card is not working or the HDMI cable which you are using for the connection purpose is not working properly or it is damaged. So the system and the LCD TV is not detecting each other when you connect both the devices. So check for this two issues and solve that as the respective problem.