Thread: Is it good to use Matrox Video Cards?

Is it good to use Matrox Video Cards?

I have an Asus P5Q-EM board with Intel integrated graphics and thinking to get a passive discrete card with mini display port to run an Apple 32" LED cinema display. I was looking at the Matrox M-series which seemed to fit the bill, but do not have any idea about brand itself. I am not pro gamer, but i do play games also. And i know that Matrox are expensive, but are they worth the price compared to ATI and NVIDIA? Please help me with your suggestion.

Re: Is it good to use Matrox Video Cards?

Firstly would like to tell you that Matrox mostly used for specific business use only. Matrox is primarily use in business for their superb analog performance of multiple outputs. So, if matrox make cards that support display port does not means that it is the card made for your display. I would suggest you a $6 DVI adapter will allow you to use mainstream digital cards like a $40 Radeon 4350 with the display. This would best for you.

According to my knowledge, the matrox card would preferably do very well, but it is known to be set up at workstation card. It is only AGP 4x, and do not have DirectX 9 or 10, which will needed for new games. It costs so much, but it supports up to 3 monitors, all with 3d graphics. So, till now you would have come to know that this would used for specific business purpose only and not end user purpose. So, you should opt for ATI or NVIDIA cards only.

I am using ATI card right now and very much satisfy it. According to market right now, ATI cards have taken the graphics card market at the moment. I am running a Radeon 9800 at the moment and its gives me excellent performance. And as i would be knowing now that Matrox is business purpose card and very expensive also. Do not buy card based on that the "its expensive then it would be good". So, you go for ATI card only. Hope you can fix your problem.

I have heard that the Matrox Graphics company is upcoming with its recently announced single-slot M9188 PCIe x16 graphics card with a whopping 8 Display Port or DVI single-link outputs. This will outcome every other cards in market. If we see the technical side, then it has PCIe card with 2 GB of memory, resolutions up to 2560 x 1600 per Display Port output, and 1920 x 1200 per DVI output. This card also has many other features for various desktop management modes including independent and stretched, and can even be configured with many other M-Series cards.So, i would tell if you have more money with then go for this card, no worry at all.

My thinking says that if you are going to use more than one monitor and also have more space for desktop then go with Matrox card no issues. Because Matrox owns the multiple monitor market and is famous for this purpose only. I am using a Matrox video card on my main computer and it works great, but does not work for games. But still if your requirement is of having multiple monitors and also like to play games as well, then go Matrox Parhelia card. This card does it all but is very expensive. So choose what you want buy. Hope your problem get fix.