Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-12-2009

How do i disable onboard video of Dell Dimension 3000

I am using a Dell Dimension 3000. I want to disable my Onboard video, as i have got the external card FX6800. I press F2 and now i'm in Dell CMOS
, i guess that what's it calls. I scroll to video but there no way to disable. all i see is Auto or Onboard. It default to Auto.
In my Device mgr, it show the onboard video so i disable throught device. any way i can disable through the setup so that window will not see onboard video?
Can someone please help me out.?
Old 30-12-2009

Re: How do i disable onboard video of Dell Dimension 3000

According to Dell, there is no way to disable the integrated video hardware manually. The BIOS has two settings for the video adapter; Auto and Onboard. The last forces the use of the integrated video, the first is supposed to allow the BIOS to automatically switch to a PCI video adapter.
Old 30-12-2009

As you have entered BIOS and video defaults to auto this means that if a video card (GPU) is installed then this will be detected and automatically used for video / graphics processing.
Check Device Manager in Control Panel and click on Display Adapters and make sure your video card is present and working properly. If it is then in reality onBoard graphics are disabled and windows is just detecting the presence of your on board graphics capability. This should work fine now.
Old 30-12-2009

Thank you guys thanks a lot for the replies. I will try all the steps given and there is another step which I think should work fine. That is to connect the Graphic Card to the Motherboard and connect the VGA cable to the port on the Graphic Card and start the computer. This should also work fine, because then the Onboard Graphic Card will automatically get disabled.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,