Thread: Screen goes Blank for a some seconds every few minutes.??

Screen goes Blank for a some seconds every few minutes.??

I was able to use my system without any problem till yesterday. From yesterday, my Monitor screen would go black (can say blank also) after every few minutes for some seconds. First I thought that there was problem of Power Supply and I checked that. But everything seems to work perfectly. I am using the Windows XP as my operating system and I don't think that something is wrong with that. Please help me to sort out this problem.!!
    3.2 (northwood)
    2gig ram
    ATI AIW X800xt 256mb
    Gigabyte GA-8knxp 875p Chipset
    Optiwrite 8X DVD Burner
    Win XP PRO Sp2 (Works Perfectly)
    2 SATA Raptor 74gig Raid 0
    2 7200 IDE 320gig HD

Re: Screen goes Blank for a some seconds every few minutes.??

I would like to suggest you to check the VGA / DVI cable before doing anything. The monitor can go blank every now and than if that cable is loosely connected. So try to take out that cable and insert it properly. More-ever try to change that cable and use another one for testing purpose. Hope that changing the VGA / DVI cable will fix your problem.

Have you tried to run your system in the Safe mode.?? If not, then try to run the system in safe mode. You can enter the safe mode by pressing the F8 at the start-up. Once you enter the safe mode, check whether the same thing is happening or not. If the Monitor is turning blank every after few minutes, then there is some hardware issue. And if the monitor is responding properly, then there is some driver issue for the display that you will have to update.

Can you see your display drivers properly in the Device Manager.?? I don't think that it is the Software problem (very rare chances). I would like to recommend you to change the VGA cable that goes into your monitor and the CPU. No need to change the Power cable since your monitor is remaining on all the time. Just change the VGA cable and your problem may be solved.

Are you sure there is no damage to your video card.?? I would like to tell you that this may happen even if your Video card is loosely connected on the motherboard. So also try to remove and plug that card properly. After removing clean the dust particles present in the slot. Many times these dust particles cause the issue. Be careful while plugging the video card. Hope this will help you to solve your problem.

Even I think that there might be loose connection of your VGA cable. I was having the similar issue, when I changed my VGA the problem was solved. From then I never faced that problem. Hope doing this will also solve your problem.