Thread: Video Problems

Video Problems

I have a Dell XPS System M1730 It has a nivida video gtxm 8800 512 mb once it starts to boot it loads the dell logo and from there it strats being distored. The os is windows vista it will boot in the os it crashs and from what i can see is the crashes with the nvlddmkm.sys i can boot into safe mode and unistall the video drivers and then it will let me boot in the os but once it reloads the drivers it asks to reboot and on the reboot it crashes again i have updated the video drivers and still the same could it be a hard issue.

Re: Video Problems

Does anything at all show up on the screen with the monitor power on, or is it just as black as before you powered on the CPU? Video problems that occur when Windows is started normally, but do not occur when Windows is started in Safe mode are usually related to the display driver that Windows is attempting to use. Try to find out whether there is any conflicts listed in the Conflicting Device List, make sure the Use Automatic Settings is checked and reboot your computer. I would suggest a replacement unit from a reputable manufacturer, such as Enermax, Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, or PC Power & Cooling. Something like this would be suitable for your system.

Re: Video Problems

I think that you are facing an issue because there is drivers of display are that are conflicting. When you start your system in Safe Mode, then try to uninstall the drivers that you have installed for the Video Card. Then install the appropriate drivers needed for your video card for the respective operating system. You can also download the drivers by connecting to the Internet. By doing this the OS will download the exact driver for the video card and then you can able to boot your system normally.