Thread: Monitor shuts off automatically.!!

Monitor shuts off automatically.!!

I have got the proper solution for my hard disk error here. So I think its right place to put my one more trouble. My monitor goes into standby suddenly without any warning as if the power is switched off. Then I cant awake the monitor by pressing the keys. I have to press the reset button to make it work again. There is no exact time interval for this to happen, it happens randomly. Sometimes it happens many times a day. Hope you know to solve this problem. Reply me soon.!!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Re: Monitor shuts off automatically.!!

I think that there is problem in your monitor. Try to check the monitor on other system. If your monitor is not working (more chances) on the other system then you will have to change the monitor. Otherwise you can also give it for repairing. According to me looking for other monitor will be much better as there are chances of happening the same thing again. Also check that your monitor is getting the proper power. Fluctuations can cause such errors.

If the problem is not your monitor, then it should be video card that is placed on your motherboard. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed or use the original ones that came with your video card. It would be more helpful if you are having the other video card.

Even I think there is monitor issue. Also check the drivers, are they installed properly.? You can check by doing the following steps :

1. Right click on the "My Computer" icon placed on desktop.
    2. Select the option Manage.
    3. Then click on the Device Manager and you will see the drivers installed for your monitor at the right side.
    4. Right click on the display and check whether the driver is properly installed. If not then you can install the specific driver by searching it on the internet.

If it's possible you can check the other monitor on your system. If it is working then your video driver is working properly. So you will have change your monitor. I would also suggest you to clear the settings in the power management. There are less chances of fixing this issue by doing this, still you can give a try.