Thread: Which is the best AGP x8 videocard.??

Which is the best AGP x8 videocard.??

Hii Guys,

I just want some suggestions from you. Can someone tell me which is the best AGP x8 video card.?? Since I am having AGP on my motherboard, I want x8 video card. The basic use of that card is playing some advanced games that needs the graphic card. So tell me as soon as possible.
    Thanks for giving time..
    The Gaming Machine:
    Processor: Core 2 Duo E6400
    Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    RAM: 2GB XMS2 Corsair PC2-6400
    Video: ATI Radeon X1900XT 512MB w/ Arctic Accellero
    Drive: 74GB "WD Raptor" 10000RPM
    Sound: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi
    Watercooling: *Soon* Zalman Reserator

Re: Which is the best AGP x8 videocard.??

According to me you can go for the GeForce 7800GS. This is the better option for playing the games. It also depends on which games you are going to play. Also it depends on your budget. I am using the GeForce 7800GS and I can play the games like CSS and NFS - Most Wanted very smoothly. Hope it will worth for you.

I would like to suggest you go for Radeon X1950 PRO. Since the Radeon X1950 PRO delivers HD entertainment with strikingly fast gaming performance I found worth buying that. Using this you can rip through games with 256 MB of GDDR3 memory for maximum performance. Also you can play the latest games with fast frame rates and good image quality.
    Last edited by David23; 26-12-2009 at 07:25 PM.

I think NVIDIA 7600GT will be the good option if you are going to watch HDTV. Also if you are interested to play the very advanced games then I would suggest you to go for NVIDIA 8800 that has DX10 support. This card is specially designed for editing purpose and the heavy gamers.

I would like to tell you that before you start using this card you will have to upgrade your power supply unit. Every graphic card needs some additional power to work, otherwise it will not be detected by the Windows. So you will have to make sure that you PSU support the specific card that you want to purchase. When you are confirmed with the power management then only buy the graphic card. More ever check the compatibility of graphic card with your motherboard.

I agree with the "ApPy10" before you think of buying any graphic card check the PSU required for that card. Otherwise you will face problem after configuring the card. So check all the requirements that the graphic card needs. Basically your system memory (RAM) should be greater than 1 GB. And the PSU should be atleast 450Watt or greater.