Thread: Is it Stuck pixel or Dead pixel or Su***xel?

Is it Stuck pixel or Dead pixel or Su***xel?

I have Dual-Core AMD Athlon X2 and recently purchased a 32 inch Sceptre X246W, I just love the monitor a lot, but it has a tiny little flaw. About 1/4 to the mid left it has a tiny speck, I used Dead Pixel Buddy and studied it with a magnifying glass. It appears to be perfectly square ans it is as small as a speck of dust. When using Dead Pixel Buddy using the different shades of color it either changes color or vanishes. It goes as follows: Green screen- Black, Blue screen- Vanishes, White screen- Pinkish,Red screen- Vanishes, Black screen- Green. I used J Screen and it didn’t help, I also tried the different pixel massaging methods and it didn’t help. Please help either is dead pixel or stuck pixel or sub pixel??

Re: Is it Stuck pixel or Dead pixel or Su***xel?

According to me there are many/several malfunctioning pixel types like dead pixels, hot pixels and stuck pixels. When the pixel is always on it know to be the hot pixel, so under a black screen it should show up. A dead pixel is always black and under a black screen it will disappear. Stuck pixels as name tells you it just get stuck on a certain color. I have also known that each and every pixel is made up of 3 sub pixels i.e one red, one green, and one blue. Sub pixels can also be dead hot or stuck. As you told that vanishes and color combination it is bit confusing to me. But i guess its dead pixel, this is what is made out from your given scenario.

Your color combination is little bit confusing to me. I would suggest you to take assistance of J Screen and check it does help you or also try the different pixel massaging methods this may also help you. I think its either stuck or dead pixel, this are not consider very harmful. But if there are more then 10 dead pixel, then you should replace it out. Hope you would be able to fix the problem.

Firstly will tell you that what you may be seeing. Is it just a stuck pixel or is it in fact dead? The stuck pixel will always appear in any of the colors that it may be 3 sub pixels (green, blue and red) can form, depending on the brightness and functionality of their. In a dead pixel, all the sub pixels are permanently off, which will make the pixel appear to black. This may be caused due to a broken transistor, in some or rare cases, even a black pixel may just be stuck. So if you are seeing a white pixel or colored, your chances are pretty good and if it’s black, there is still hope.

I have listen many cases/issues in LCD screen that it contains a dead or stuck pixel. It can be a point on the screen that is always lit or always dark. This is usually due to a uneven distribution of liquid in the liquid crystal display (TFT LCD) or malfunction of transistor . It possible to be fixed, by running software for pixel fixing (see Citations and Sources). And it also known that stuck pixels can often be re-energized by rapidly turning them on and off.

You have already done J Screen ok, but still confuse with dead or stuck or sub pixel is it. You should also know that dead pixel are impossible to get back as you cannot bring dead person back, but stuck pixel can be fixed. And would suggest you to use some windows as well as some online and offline tools to check which pixel is it: UDPixel (Windows), LCD (online), Online Monitor Test (Online), JScreenFix (Online and you already use this), Hands On (Offline). I hope you will able to detect which type of pixel is it after testing given method.