Thread: Maximum resolution not available for 24" Screen

Maximum resolution not available for 24" Screen

Hello,

I have Windows 7 full version. I just bought an HP Monitor 24 "and I can not get 1920x1200 resolution. On my monitor, Maximum resolution not available for 24" Screen. In effect, that gives me the maximum resolution via the control panel is 1600x1200. Although there is a black band on the right of screen. Yet I installed the driver of the screen and when I check through the config panel/system/ monitor ... I see well that the driver is installed. How does this happen and how to select my screen as the default screen and PnP generic windows?

Re: Maximum resolution not available for 24" Screen

Your graphics card certainly does not permit the resolution. Further information on your setup would be welcome. If it is an integrated graphics chip, a lack of memory may also prevent achieving this resolution (memory shared by the system in this case).

The resolutions you can choose depends on the video drivers you have loaded, and whether or not you have loaded the specific drivers for the monitor. If Windows automatically loaded drivers for the Hp video adapter newer video drivers available from the computer manufacturer's web site, or from the main chipset maker's web site, may have more resolution choices available.

Your problem is related with NVidia drivers, go Control Panel -> Probable accessible from the display settings in Control Panel), you probably have three options for how to show your display. One option is the size (not recommended), another option is to display the exact resolution (ie 800x600 display black bars on all 4 sides), and option 3 is what you want to be spread evenly to horizontal or vertical , are maxed out.

This is a limited opportunity beta of Windows 7 to show the general public before they are released as the successor to Windows Vista. The limitations mainly the lack of a clean install option, and the lack of a Windows XP to Windows 7 update. So you need to install windows 7 on a clean pc , then install the all the drivers.