Thread: Viewsonic VX2433wm Monitor unable to detect when plugged

Viewsonic VX2433wm Monitor unable to detect when plugged

HI. I have a desktop machine and is been installed worth Windows 7 64 bit operating system in it. The problem am facing is that I am unable to detect my monitor when been plugged to the system. I do not know why is this happening? It used to work well before but after I upgraded it stopped working since few days. Is there any issue related with the power cord? Please help me out. Thank you.

Re: Viewsonic VX2433wm Monitor unable to detect when plugged

As you have upgraded the system with new operating system that is windows 7 64 bit version it is quite necessary that you need to upgrade your video card drivers. This is essential as the upgradation may lead to compatibility of the peripheral with the operating system which plays a vital role in it. You need to check out for the things in order to make you monitor to function properly. Hopefully upgrading the drivers should help you out.

There can be possibility of physical damage done to the monitor rather than the issue concerned with the operating system. You need to check whether the pin of the cord is been broken while plugging. This do result in such cases that the pin that have been broken results in power failure and is unable to get detected to the machine. Check out for the same. May be this is the reason that your monitor is not able to detect when plugged.

Look out for the drivers of monitor that is needed to be installed under the operating system that is been used. It is quite not necessary to install drivers for monitors as hey are plug and play device but as the system is been upgraded it is quite essential that you update the drivers for the monitor of your system. You may have got the utility disc it contains the drivers for it. If you have installed it earlier then uninstall the previous one and then re install the new one again. This should help out in detecting the monitor.

You need to contact to the manufacturer for the issue as I think the problem is associated with the Monitor not with the drivers or operating system. This is because as monitor been a plug and play device it should get detected well with the system without any issue. Also the system is quite well advanced it is been installed with windows 7 64 bit version. The compatibility might take the issue regardless of what sort of power it consumes.

The problem could be with the power unit consumption that is the power supply unit. As this supply may not sufficient and not providing the required ailment that is necessary it results in undetection of the device. Change the power supply unit and then check out for the result. This shall make a difference and make the device to function appropriately. Try it out.