Thread: Quality of the movie is becoming blocky

Quality of the movie is becoming blocky

Recently i buy an ATI 4890 for my desktop. I brought some DVD's and when i played them on my desktop the picture was coming "Blocky and Fuzzy also ", E.g when in movie any red like or we can dark background comes then you can see tiny blocks and people faces are hardly to recognize.Before this i used the nvidia 8800gt and all the DVD's were crystal clear, no blocks no fuzziness. Please any one can suggest what's the problem behind this??

Re: Quality of the movie is becoming blocky

Firstly check in the device manager that you have installed the drivers of the ATI card or not?? If not then install it and check whether picture is coming clearing or not. Still picture is not coming clearly then again on in device manager see that you have uninstall nvidia drivers?? If not then uninstall it, because card manufacturers requires different drivers, and you will need to uninstall the nvidia drivers and then install current (i.e ATI card) drivers.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Check out the DVD's you bought are of good quality or not. try them on DVD players.I want say is that you with deal with the video. Because video is only going to play as good as the source file, if source file is bad then your video will look blocky and fuzzy. According to me your equipment is pretty nice and higher level, so i would say video itself is of poor quality then your playback will be of poor quality as well.

Want you said is 8800gt plays your DVD' clearly, but the ATI 4890 does not. So this from i make out that there some with the decoder process that the cards do. This both card uses different decoder so may be this would be causing you problem.Do the settings of decoder properly and see that your videos would be clearly seen. If this would not solve the problem then ATI card drivers are not installed properly.So reinstall the drivers of the ATI card.

I am also facing the same problem this days on desktop. My desktop configuration is AMD X2 4200+ 2.2 ghz (dual), Geforce 8600 GT, 2 gb ram (soon to be 4gb @ 1033 mhz). I borrowed some DVD's from my friend and tried to play on my desktop. The movie started, but video quality is very poor, the picture is coming very blocky and fuzzy. And same DVD's is seen clearly on my friend's PC. So can anyone tell me what is problem

I think is that your ATI card would be working properly. Check the drivers of ATI card are install correctly and uninstall everything (i.e software or drivers) related to nvidia 8800gt. Now also your finding the blocky video quality then i will tell you that its DVD's that are causing you problem not the card. So, suggest you to buy original DVD's and then check the video quality it will give you. If resolution of the video files is set too low due to the video compression then video quality will be bad and you all that blocky or fuzzy or unclear video. If you use no compression or less compression video, you'll get the better quality.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's