Thread: Panasonic V10 plasma audio issue

Panasonic V10 plasma audio issue

Last month i had bought a new Panasonic V10 plasma. Now the problem is that currently audio issue on my new Panasonic V10 plasma. Can any one tell me that why i'm having Panasonic V10 plasma audio issue? Whenever I try to change video inputs, its HDMI3 sound get lost. I had my DVD been connected to my receiver through optical. Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Panasonic V10 plasma audio issue

I had a similar issue with my 606 using Sky HD. Banding can be caused by a number if issues. One primary cause is the bit depth of the display. With the Sky HD on HDMI 1 someitmes the 606 would hunt around the inputs thus confusing the TV ((also a Panasonic but an older model). When comparing a 10-bit display vs an 8-bit display, the 10-bit should exhibit much less banding than the 8-bit. But I see some banding still on 10-bit displays. The solution was to put the Sky HD on HDMI 4.

Get Yourself a Logitech Harmony Remote, even the cheaper ones are pretty good. Mine is with Genserve at the moment due the same issue with a G10. That said it only happened when using the amp to upscale to 1080p. With a single button push, for like your Watch TV Button, Your HDTV will turn on and to the correct Input, your Surround sound Receiver will turn on and to it's correct Input, if your Using a cable box and it's off, it'll turn that on also, and everything is easily controlled on that one remote.

Some LCD's will do this too. Its nothing to worry about unless it gets loud. The V10 isn't perfect, but its much closer to perfection than the XBR9. If its pretty audible across the room then you may want to take it back and exchange it for another.

Strange though how it's only Panasonic G10/V10 owners who appear to be having problems. Panasonic has a DataLink with other Panasonic Hardware like their Blu-Ray players when connected by HDMI. Mine it turned OFF as it's worthless and not needed for my Harmony remote.

According to my best of knowledge you should try to contact Panasonic technical support center. They might be able to help you out to resolve your above issue. They might also install the latest firmware 2.8 on your machine, which might resolve your above issue.