Thread: How to connect/on svideo from laptop to lcd?

vitrag24 Guest

How to connect/on svideo from laptop to lcd?

Hello,
    I wanted to connect my laptop hp dv6226tx to my samsung 32" lcd, to display video as well as play audio of laptop in lcd.

i bought following cable from ebay and connected svideo side to laptop svideo and other 3
    pins [red,white and yellow] to my laptop, but it's not detecting my laptop.

Is there anything i need to do in lcd/laptop to switch on svideo out from laptop to lcd?

i was using vga cable before and it was showing video from laptop to lcd properly.

Please tell me what to do.

I hope it'll work.

Thanks.

Re: How to connect/on svideo from laptop to lcd?

You have following method to connect your laptop to the LCD TV. Just follow them an see that whether it is working or not. The first method is known as the HDMI-2-HDMI cable but this require HDMI port in your laptop. Another method is that you can try to connect it using the Analog Video which demand for the 15 pin blue PC connection. So use any one of them. See this also Connect Laptop to TV via HDMI Thanks
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You mentioned that you were able to use vga cable before for showing video from laptop to lcd, which worked properly. But the Videos should not that much clear, I guess !!. You can use the S-Video cable for better picture quality. You should connect the computer to the TV using standard VGA ports or via the DVI to HDMI cable provided your TV supports these ports. Also you have not mentioned the operating system that you are using.

Open the "display settings" in your Vista computer and activate output to the TV screen. Now take your TV remote and switch to "External Inputs" from the menu. Now you will need to do changes, by default it is "Video 1" to other selection which can be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.
    Make sure you connect the cable to the TV before turning on the computer as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.
    Also change the screen resolution of your TV using the Display settings in your Control Panel otherwise the picture may appear distorted.

vitrag24 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bon-Z View Post
    You have following method to connect your laptop to the LCD TV. Just follow them an see that whether it is working or not. The first method is known as the HDMI-2-HDMI cable but this require HDMI port in your laptop. Another method is that you can try to connect it using the Analog Video which demand for the 15 pin blue PC connection. So use any one of them. See this also Connect Laptop to TV via HDMI Thanks
    i've already bought following.

so tell me way to make it work .

i tried to connect but it wasnt working and when i pluged red cable pin in yellow slot of lcd, it was showing blurred reddish/b&w picture.

vitrag24 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ApPy10 View Post
    You mentioned that you were able to use vga cable before for showing video from laptop to lcd, which worked properly. But the Videos should not that much clear, I guess !!. You can use the S-Video cable for better picture quality. You should connect the computer to the TV using standard VGA ports or via the DVI to HDMI cable provided your TV supports these ports. Also you have not mentioned the operating system that you are using.

Open the "display settings" in your Vista computer and activate output to the TV screen. Now take your TV remote and switch to "External Inputs" from the menu. Now you will need to do changes, by default it is "Video 1" to other selection which can be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.
    Make sure you connect the cable to the TV before turning on the computer as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.
    Also change the screen resolution of your TV using the Display settings in your Control Panel otherwise the picture may appear distorted.
    using windows vista..

display settings--?? where is option to activate tv output in that?

i tried to connect cable but it wasnt working and when i pluged red cable pin in yellow slot of lcd, it was showing blurred reddish/b&w picture.