Thread: Graphics issues on Macbook pro

Graphics issues on Macbook pro

Just few days back i had bought a new Macbook pro. Whenever i try to play any high graphics game on my Macbook pro, it resolution gets distorted. It seems like having some graphics issues on my new Macbook pro. The problem seems to be with the NVIDIA GeForce 9600M (the dedicated card), since the problem doesn’t arise while running the integrated 9400M, only appearing when you switch to the more powerful card. So, can any one tell me that why i'm having graphics issues on my new Macbook pro? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Graphics issues on Macbook pro

It's just the chip and some RAM with on a board. That takes extra space and height. There are definitely still some issues. I have display 'tearing' and other problems which can usually be fixed with a reboot, but I don't have such issues with any of my Windows machines.

Do the hardware tests reveal anything? It's possible it's some kind of driver corruption. A reinstall of the OS could rule that out. But yeah, that looks like a flaw in the GPU. Seems to me that various display issues are down to partially heat and possible firmware issues something which I don't hit that often as the Macbooks are nowadays far from my primary mobile machines but also definitely driver problems.

Even with a Mac Pro i found you can only install Apple approved cards (read: cards made with EFI drivers) so they're still useless really for high end gaming. Every MacBook Pro features the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics processor, which provides an outstanding everyday graphics experience with up to a 5x performance boost.

This issue is due to the material used in the casing. It has nothing to do with electric shocks, but rather a chemical reaction between the skin and aluminum. There have been two designs for the MacBook Pro, both using aluminium. The first design was largely a carry-over from the PowerBook G4. The second "unibody" design is a more tapered design with most of the casing made from a single block of aluminum. A small number (from my reading ~1.5%) of people have acids in their sweat that eat away at aluminum. This is called "aluminum pitting."

If your MacBook Pro is not experiencing any of these symptoms, you do not need to contact Apple. Unfortunately this does not work on the Macbook or Macbook Pro. Each reboot you must select the main external display and you cannot use the laptop as a secondary display. Single display only if you want the external as the Primary display. This is not an nVidia issue and has been document thoughout our company on all laptops from the earliest CD Macbook through the current SR MBP.