Thread: How to turn VSync off?

How to turn VSync off?

I want to know how to turn VSync off. I have install hd 4870 graphics card on my computer and my hp desktop is connected to 22 inch Lg lcd monitor. I wnat to know the procedure to turn off VSync to increase game performance.

Re: How to turn VSync off?

Vsync matches your monitors refresh rate/frequency, with a 3D applications frame rate.Vertical synchronization refers generally to the synchronization of frame changes with the vertical blanking interval. I think the game you are playing will give you the option ti turn off the vsync. go to the option in the game and then turn it off.

Vsync just caps the frame rate to no higher than your refresh rate.. vsync always on with Triple Buffer... There is no visible performance gain. If the frame rate of the game exceeds the refresh rate of your monitor, it means your monitor can't keep up, and therefore you don't get to actually see the performance gain.

It basicly 'connects' your video card to your monitor and they are always in sync regardless of FPS. you can turn off vsync in the video card control panel by right clicking the desktop. However, using vsync without triple buffering means if your frame rate drops below your refresh rate (60 for this example), Vsync doesn't just 'cap' your FPS to your refresh rate. Double buffering doesn't allow you use in-between frame rates such as 40.

Just go to option find something that says 'graphics' or 'display settings'. then just click on that and you will see the vsync option. v sync just locks you fps to your monitors refresh rate thus only showing one frame per refresh, this will stop tearing and make the game look smoother, it is not recommend for games you may play competitively as it can produce "lag".

V-Sync just refreshes the game to the same fraction of your monitors refresh rate. Vsync is vertical syncronization, as CustomBuilt has mentioned Vsync locks the frames at the vertical (up and down) refresh rate of you monitor when enabled, but also reduces performance. It's not very important, but on certain monitors it just makes things seem to run a whole lot smoother. However, it does put the framerate cap to 60fps when you enable it.