Thread: BenQ E2200HD LCD Monitor screen not working

BenQ E2200HD LCD Monitor screen not working

I have connected BenQ E2200HD 22inch LCD Monitor to my hp desktop. The problem is i am getting black screen while playing game and when i open high graphics application i get blank screen. I have installed GeForce GTX 295 graphics card on my machine. I have Vista and all drivers for all the hardware are updated.

Re: BenQ E2200HD LCD Monitor Black screen

Did you recently install a new program? you might be having a conflict? Is your optical mouse plugged into a USB port or plugged into the PS/2 port through an adapter? what about the keyboard? PS/2 or USB? The dead keyboards can cause problems with booting up and should affect your display. are there beeping noises?

Swap the benq e2200hd monitor with another, find a different power supply outlet (or power strip) for the monitor and computer and try to reboot the computer again. If the LCD screen on the monitor is dead, then it’s impossible to see if the computer is booting up or to what point it has booted up. Replace your monitor if it’s defective.

Borrow a good video card and monitor to test your system with. If another monitor works, then it's probably your benq e2200hd monitor. If the other monitor doesn't work, then replace the video card with the borrowed one to see if that's it.

If you switch on your computer and you see an image up until Windows starts loading, then the issue is most likely related to your video card driver (especially if you are using a DVI connector). Remember to uninstall the drivers before putting the new card in, and install the drivers again once the new card is in place. When installing drivers, boot into VGA Mode (tap F8 while the system is starting, and select VGA Mode from the list), and disable any antivirus you have before installing the drivers.

It could be your monitor or display. The voltage inverter is defective - in that case, when it goes black you see no image at any time regardless of the brightness setting. Leave the computer on for about 5-10 mins then turn it off using power button. plug everything back in and it should work or the best way to test this, of course, is to try a different monitor for a while.