Thread: Can't watch TV on Windows 7 with Pinnacle TV-Card

Can't watch TV on Windows 7 with Pinnacle TV-Card

Recently i had installed Windows 7 on my machine. Now the problem it is not working on windows 7 even when i try to run it in Vista compatible mode or Xp compatible mode. So, can any one tell me that why i'm not able to watch TV on Windows 7 with Pinnacle TV-Card? My Pinnacle PCTV Card used to work fine on my system, when I used it under Windows XP SP2. Does any body knows about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't watch TV on Windows 7 with Pinnacle TV-Card

If you do not want to use the Windwos Media Center (WMC) to watch analog TV, please uninstall the MCE Software MPEG2 Encoder. These drivers are for use of your TV tuner hardware with other software than Pinnacle TVCenter Pro. The MCE Software MPEG2 Encoder is not necessary if you have the TV card which has hardware MPEG2 encoder in it. Please note that Pinnacle officially ONLY supports Pinnacle TVCenter Pro and, where applicable, Windows Media Center. Installation and/or use with other third party software is at your own sole risk; in case of any problems, please contact the vendor of the software.

If you use your TV tuner hardware with Pinnacle TVCenter Pro as recommended by Pinnacle, please do not download drivers from the official site.The Pinnacle Software reports "Hardware Initialization failefd", and the Media Center does fine with any function related with pictures or sound, but for TV, it does not find a Tuner, while the device manager shows the TV-Card functioning without problems.

For the Windows 7 Media Center, the Software Encoder (software MPEG 2 encoder) is provided by Microsoft already. The compatibility list shows the Pinnacle PCTV Rave 5 TV card is not compatible with Windows 7, however, the Action Center suggests driver download from the Pinnacle website. You might possibly get it to work separately from Media Center using Hauppauge's own "WinTV application" which supported XP. Even with that you might have to install it in XP compatibility mode.