Thread: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series problem on Windows 7

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series problem on Windows 7

I had been running Windows 7 on my machine. Recently i had installed the latest drivers for the ATI Radeon Hd 4800 graphic card on my system. Now the problem is that when i use windows 7 I get a corrupted screen. I tried to install ATI Catalyst driver (which was O.K. with previous Sapphire (X850) card) from console, but it did not help. The problem starts when windows downloads drivers and even when I install AMD ones it still refuses to show a clear screen. I have had this problem even from the windows 7 setup/installation. Can any one tell me that why i'm having ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series problem on Windows 7? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me to get rid of the above issue. Thanks.

Re: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series problem on Windows 7

It sounds like your graphics card driver is somehow corrupt on your PC. Have you tried the package Envyng-gtk from Synaptic Package Manager? Try uninstalling the AMD software suite completely, reboot, download the latest driver suite (v9.11) from your HD4850 manufacturer or AMD directly and install it again.

The compatibility problem with Vista/7 is called (superior) PowerPlay. There's nothing wrong with the cards but the drivers. Did you perform a clean install of Windows 7 RTM? Did you try boot into safe mode and see if your screen shows up? What video interface are you using btw? DVI, HDMI, or DVI-DB15 converter? Sometimes they can't handle the changing of the memory clock speed.

You cannot explicity turn off the 3200 via bios but it does not run if don't plug things into it. Turning off Compiz effects appears to be a common work around for those that get the proprietary driver working but experience flicker during video playback.It works fine in Safe mode but I have been told that is no indicator. Ensure the cards are not overheating, and if you are overclocking stop. The most common reason TDR goes off is overheating or an unstable overclock.

I try to Install the New Ati drivers
    but when I chk Version in
    9.11 it shows 8.67
    9.12 it shows 8.63

Why is that
    I did uninstall
    Boot in safe mod
    & run Driver sweeper

then restart & Install
    then Mod & then Install drivres

am i missing something
    Lord Vader
    "Knowledge grows when shared"

Please be sure that you remove every small changes made to the system before uninstalling the previous version of the driver & installing the new one. Please do the installation run as admin. You can use Driver Cleaner Pro too. You can also try beta version of ati catalyst control center special for windows 7. Try running Driver Sweeper to clean the old drivers before attempting to install the latest package?
    IF YOU CAN'T Convince THEM ...

CONFUSE THEM ...

Did you install any kind of video drivers with ATT included? Could also be an issue with the bridge chip and your chipset. You should always uninstall your current display drivers before installing new display drivers. If you install new drivers over the old ones, parts of the old drivers can be left around and cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by madjack View Post
    Please be sure that you remove every small changes made to the system before uninstalling the previous version of the driver & installing the new one. Please do the installation run as admin. You can use Driver Cleaner Pro too. You can also try beta version of ati catalyst control center special for windows 7. Try running Driver Sweeper to clean the old drivers before attempting to install the latest package?
    Yes I did run Driver Sweeper

Where can I get -
    beta version of ati catalyst control center special for windows 7
    Lord Vader
    "Knowledge grows when shared"

The drivers for ATI Radeon 4800 series which are supported in Windows 7 are not available yet. The Aero function in Windows 7 is not supported by the ATI cards and hence the card is not functioning properly. Remove the catalyst controller and then download and install the ATI manger to configure the card properly to work in Windows 7.

Hey, As you are looking for the driver of the ATI then i can help you with the link that will take you to the download of the same. So visit the link and see that it is working or not. Hope it will be the same as you are looking for. Thank you.
    Click the link given below for the same
    Download ATI Catalyst Beta driver 8.12 package for Windows 7